Joe Harkins, editor of "Santo Domingo News"??

L

Lisa C

Joe Harkins, where are you?
Anyone has any information on Joe Harkins whereabouts, lost contact with him in 1990, when he was the editor of "Santo Domingo News" and "Puerto Plata News". Guess this site is the former "Santo Domingo News", right? Does he works at DR1, now?
Lisa C

D

DR1

Joe Harkins was never the editor of The Santo Domingo News. DR1.COM is an evolution of The Santo Domingo News. We do not know his whereabouts.

L

Lisa C

Well, thank you,
The way he presented himself was, as the editor of this two newspapers, at the time...Interesting chap, BTW.
Lisa C

J

Jim Hinsch

Joe Harkins is a writer and wrote the American Airlines Guide to the Dominican Republic. I have his E-mail at home but I'm traveling at the moment so I can't give it to you, but if you send me an E-mail in a week I can get it for you, or, I happen to know that if you search the web (google.com), you'll find him. My last contact with him was about 3 or 4 years ago when he was living in Jersey City. If you find him, tell him Jim Hinsch says hello.

Joe did work for an English paper on the north coast for a time and he lived on a hill near Sosua, but I don't know which paper he wrote for. His helping people with travel plans to the Dominican Republic goes way back before the internet boom (Compuserve days).

E

Escobar

Joe Harkins was an excellent journalist, providing far less biased and true comprehensive "news" than anything you might find on the Internet these days.

I should have prefaced that comment by saying my reference is to the so called "news" provided by these sites, not the factual, interesting first hand experiences of citizens and ex-patriots that now call the DR "Home"

I have yet to find an on line "news service" regarding the Republic that is anything above the "National Enquirer"

Escobar

L

Lisa C

Re: Joe Harkins, editor of "Santo Domingo News"?? *PIC*

Thanks for reply,
Found his site at www.travelthe.net hope is gone answer his e-mail, the subject is a pool table in need of renovation.
Lisa C