Looking for a grass/lawn expert in Sosua

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
We returned from our annual 7 month stay in Canada to find our lawn in a terrible state. We are not sure how to go about bringing it back and are unsure whether to continue with our gardener. However, we need to consult with an expert and perhaps change our garden service.

We know several people at local viveros and they know alot about plants but we are not sure that they are experts on grass and lawns. Perhaps one vivero is better than others in this department.

If anyone can offer a recommendation of someone that we can hire to help with this problem, that would be most appreciated.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
We returned from our annual 7 month stay in Canada to find our lawn in a terrible state. We are not sure how to go about bringing it back and are unsure whether to continue with our gardener. However, we need to consult with an expert and perhaps change our garden service.

We know several people at local viveros and they know alot about plants but we are not sure that they are experts on grass and lawns. Perhaps one vivero is better than others in this department.

If anyone can offer a recommendation of someone that we can hire to help with this problem, that would be most appreciated.

I have a minor degree in horticulture. Decades of almost perfect lawn and gardens. BUT that was in New England and the D.R. is ......... NOT New England.

You away....... lawn service cuts the lawn two days before you arrive so....they cut your lawn down to half a inch grass and everything below looks dead.

Fertilizer? I know where you can get some BUT you have to have someone water.

Shade. If no one is pruning so some sun comes in then you have a dead lawn. See above that your gardeners are not doing anything until two days before you arrive. Less the... did you fertilize?

I see this ALL the time when neighbors come down... Big clean up by the staff just hours away from the owner arriving. Place looks like shut and the owner will not believe me.... I see it everyday.... your workers don't work.

(I MANAGE and maintain my property and areas of coral and pastures for my horses. Land Management is not easy and requires a program.)

PM me if you have questions.