Another night of no sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim c

May 3, 2007
Got home at about 8 last night. The nieghborhood dogs were barking again. Must be about 6 of them. I closed all my windows, pulled the shades and turned on the cieling fan on high.Went to bed at 11 listening to one very large dog bark almost nonstop.This went on all night. I slept on and off untill 4 and gave up. I am sitting here at day break waiting for enough light to go and find this animal that has kept me awake most of the night, for the third time this month. But just as I was about to leave my home the owner must have taken the mutt inside, as it stopped barking. It will happen again and I will go and find this animal and kill it. It wont be the first time that I will have to listen to the holwing of one of these dogs as the rat poison rips them apart inside.Now for you dog lovers, Im not one of you. But Im not a dog hater either. All I want is to not have to go to work on 5 hours of broken sleep because of your lack of of proper ownership. Im not going to put where I live because maybe, maybe it will make a few owners take care of there mutts.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I feel your agony but perhaps a set of white noise earphones or talking to the local municipal authorities before you take things in to your own hands.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Tim,

I realize this is a stupid question...but have you tried to talk to the owner about the problem first....to see if you guys can resolve it?

Frank

Last edited:

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
I AGREE with Frank12 - (must make a New Years' Resolution not to!) But you should also consider that there might have been a human prowler and these dogs were giving you a warning! It could save you life one day just hearing dogs barking nearby! But remember do not go out if the dogs are barking someone might be waiting for you !

Look back at Beeza's post about how a neighbour took them to court about dogs barking and the case was dismissed (that is here in the DR).

Olly and he Team

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I buy these by the hundreds. If it's that bad, I'll be happy to give you a dozen or so...

EPLPF1.jpg

jonytuga

Oct 16, 2012
The dogs are not guilty,( they do not know how to speak so they bark, all night )their owners are the culprits, so after i said this what I advise you is to talk to the owner of the dog instead of poisoning the animal,because if that dog dies, he'll find another one that will do exactly the same thing at night, just my two cents.
JT

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
Dog barking is a problem. Like loud musik is a problem. Smokers who smoke everywhere are a problem. Red light running is a problem.
Why?
Because its often same kind of people who disturbing other because they are intolerant but expect that other people are tolerant against them self. That kind of people who don't can accept rules and think rules are only for others. I found that just in DR are a lot of expats who live here because they dont have to follow the rules. Put in your dog at 10pm lower your music at 10 pm because you wont to hear the music not me. The dog will protect you as well when he is inside and warn you, I have a dog myself. I have a neighbor in Miami he has 3 dogs. They never disturbing anybody at nighttime and daytime as well. Because he respect the rules.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Try to talk to the owners but a person who lets a dog bark all night long knowing all too well that its bothering someone isnt really the type of person that will care what a neighbor has to say. Do what you gotta do man, just at least try to resolve it decently first.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Is that part of your motorcycle riding equipment to close out the rest of the relevant noise that the helmet lets in?
"Relevant noise?"

It reduces sound by 25-50db-depending on the model and personal choices-especially in the lower frequency ranges. You can hear what you need to hear, no problem, like sirens and horns.

They are considered safety equipment by experienced motorcyclists because by reducing the vibrations going through your ears and brain, a rider can "feel" the chassis/brakes/throttle ballet much more pronounced, can concentrate vastly better without excessive wind and engine noises and are substantially less fatigued in the same time frame. The ride becomes much more serene. AND it's much easier on a high-performance machine to ride in a lower gear-higher RPM's-where the peak torque curve lives, offering greater riding control especially on a technical route, like mountain twisties. Ear plugs let me ride a technical road in 2nd-3rd gear at 5000-7500RPM...where the bike is at it's best in terms of rapid acceleration & engine braking, keeping the chassis balanced in a tight curve.

An alert rider doesn't rely on sound for safety that much. His scan and mirrors are primary inputs for threat assessment.

Most experienced riders will tell you their skills became sharply improved after adding ear plugs to their riding gear. Now, for me, it's like a seat belt: I have a difficult time climbing on a bike without them.

I'm sure earplugs would help the OP with barking dogs.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I wonder how the dog's owner manages to sleep at all...

I hear your frustration but as many have already stated, it's not the dog's fault, it's the owner's.

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
Some dogs do bark continuously for many hours at a time. No prowlers, no real reason, just a form of canine insanity which probably issues from passive mistreatment (kept tied to a short rope forever, never petted, fed garbage . . .).
Passive mistreatment of donkeys, horses, dogs and cats is endemic in the DR, and such owners will glaze over if you try to reason with them. "It's an animalafter all — why should anyone care?" The poor dog certainly can't be reasoned with either. He's nuts, and once set off, doesn't know how to stop. Humans raised in the vertederos of Caracas behave the same.

Unfortunately, there's no solution but that you, the neighbor or the dog must go — or live with it until you, like the dog, go insane with some incessant tic of your own. Lots of luck.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Move into a highrise penthouse. No dogs barking, no cats fighting(because they make just as much noise) no loud music, no flies trying to get a free meal, no green lizards coming and going as they please, no shaddy guy lurking at night trying to murder a dog, you get the ideal.

BTW I can't stop you from giving this dog poison, but you do want to make sure it works because a lot of things in DR does not. You take the rat poison FIRST and wait a day or two, then give it to the dog. Its a alot of bad rat poision going around that does not work.
Good luck :devious:

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
The ex had 2 pain in the ass dogs she kept out 24/7 and barked constantly. Finally found a solution to sleep thru the night. A couple a grandes and and a 2 mg Alprazolam gave me a good 8 hours sleep. Even that fat a$$ed rooster couldn't wake me till i was ready to get up.

Dec 24, 2012
The ex had 2 pain in the ass dogs she kept out 24/7 and barked constantly. Finally found a solution to sleep thru the night. A couple a grandes and and a 2 mg Alprazolam gave me a good 8 hours sleep. Even that fat a$$ed rooster couldn't wake me till i was ready to get up.

Urgh, when I'm in DR my neighbors roosters crow all hours of the day. It's like they're on crack... what the hell are wrong with them roosters? Why must they crow every 20 minutes all day... they're like a orchestra -.-

Sorry I just had to vent that out...

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I wonder how the dog's owner manages to sleep at all...

I hear your frustration but as many have already stated, it's not the dog's fault, it's the owner's.

Maybe the dog's owner wears ear plugs.:D

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Who Let The Dogs Out?

Got home at about 8 last night. The nieghborhood dogs were barking again. Must be about 6 of them. I closed all my windows, pulled the shades and turned on the cieling fan on high.Went to bed at 11 listening to one very large dog bark almost nonstop.This went on all night. I slept on and off untill 4 and gave up. I am sitting here at day break waiting for enough light to go and find this animal that has kept me awake most of the night, for the third time this month. But just as I was about to leave my home the owner must have taken the mutt inside, as it stopped barking. It will happen again and I will go and find this animal and kill it. It wont be the first time that I will have to listen to the holwing of one of these dogs as the rat poison rips them apart inside.Now for you dog lovers, Im not one of you. But Im not a dog hater either. All I want is to not have to go to work on 5 hours of broken sleep because of your lack of of proper ownership. Im not going to put where I live because maybe, maybe it will make a few owners take care of there mutts.

Wait till tonight, there'll be no sleep and all kinds of crazy!!! :rambo:

Status
Not open for further replies.