Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default take care of DR doctors

My 3 year old son was prescribed Danthron for minor constipation a few days ago. After further research, I found out that Danthron "In the USA, dantron is not used because it is considered to be a carcinogen.[1]"

I'm not going to go into the reasons why this obviously dangerous drug was prescribed to a 3 year old, I just wanted to warn other members to look into what they are being prescribed in the DR. If I even bothered to bring this up to my sons pediatrist, she would probably bring up 100 excuses why she prescribed it. Anyways, just watch out guys, btw, his pediatrist is one of the most well known and reputable (aka expensive) at HOMS in Santiago which is considered one of the countries best hospitals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dantron

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I might have only made it to my 2nd year of med school at UM.. but "CarcinogenicityDanthron is reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen based
    on sufficient evidence of carcinogenicity from studies in experimental animals." on the National Toxicity Program website of the US government seems to be very convincing evidence. And to think those studies were done over 20 years ago.

I will stick to my idealogy that modern medicine is only good for acute trauma/illness and anything chronic/obscure should be directed towards homeopaths/natural medicine experts, ESPECIALLY in the DR.

3. Likes pelaut, Chennifer liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank God you researched prior to giving your son that dangerous drug! I will do the same
    if I'm prescribed any type of medication.

Good to know.Thanks for the warning.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Good info, I never even heard of that.

You might want to look into Miralax if they sell it there. It was given to my grandson when he was about 4, and it worked great. OTC product now, was originally by prescription only in USA.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

TWo Words.
    "Prune Juice"!!!!!!
    It "Knocks The $hit Out of ME!!!!"
    Usually within a few hours!
    cc

7. Dislikes zoomzx11 disliked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You seem to be a conscientious dad so you know the typical remedies, by I'll throw a few out there.

Apple, with the skin, is good to increase regularity. Conversely, apple without the skin for loose bowels. Plenty of fluids are important to keep his system working properly. Also, not sure what he eats, but an overabundance of vÝveres in the diet, not uncommon in the RD, can cause estre˝imiento. Same with rice and bananas.

Good luck! Hope he's feeling better soon.

9. Likes bronzeallspice, Chennifer liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    TWo Words.
    "Prune Juice"!!!!!!
    It "Knocks The $hit Out of ME!!!!"
    Usually within a few hours!
    cc
    I always have a box of dried prunes(,the juice does not work on me) in my pantry.You can
    give it to children to eat,it's natural and they'll like it because it's sweet.

A natural laxative.It works!
    Last edited by bronzeallspice; 01-01-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

double post

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The US FDA often has political reasons for blocking pharmaceuticals.
    But if there are natural methods available, who cares what they say?

13. Likes cobraboy liked this post
    *** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

rice ? i don't think so..brown rice has a lot of fiber which is helpful in such cases. the key is to drink a lot of water and eat fruits (pina,apple) and not too much bread, especially of the quality that its in DR
    Quote Originally Posted by pollogringo View Post
    You seem to be a conscientious dad so you know the typical remedies, by I'll throw a few out there.

Apple, with the skin, is good to increase regularity. Conversely, apple without the skin for loose bowels. Plenty of fluids are important to keep his system working properly. Also, not sure what he eats, but an overabundance of vÝveres in the diet, not uncommon in the RD, can cause estre˝imiento. Same with rice and bananas.

Good luck! Hope he's feeling better soon.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast