All inclusive Resorts ?

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Just wondering if there is a better time of the year for deals? A good AI resort? I have 3 kids 11,8, and 7 (all girls) So cheap deals for a family of 5 plus trabajadora... Would love recommendations.. ;)

Jennifer

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Which part of the country are you planning to visit? May better help people advise you on particular resorts?

Redvelvet215

Sep 5, 2010
go to cheapcarribean.com... I've book all my resort through them and the prices are like motel prices on this website. I usually go in the winter or summer from Dec to Jan or July through August. The prices are very low but, check this site frequently because they always have deals. Another thing if I usually do Puerta Plata and Santo Domingo because those are cheapes but, this year I might go to punta cuna they have some some cheap ones there too.

Feb 7, 2007
The OP most likely lives in the DR so cheapcaribbean would be out of the question as they offer package deals, hotel-only is more or less the same as any other travel website.

Right now, your best bet would be to go before January 15, and then after the Easter, but fore July. Then mid-September through November is the lowest and cheapest season of the year. November through December 15 is also a shoulder season, so deals can be had.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I have used various travel sites in the remote past to book "land only" in the DR. Another option may be to contact the hotel direct for a rate.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The OP most likely lives in the DR so cheapcaribbean would be out of the question as they offer package deals, hotel-only is more or less the same as any other travel website.

Right now, your best bet would be to go before January 15, and then after the Easter, but fore July. Then mid-September through November is the lowest and cheapest season of the year. November through December 15 is also a shoulder season, so deals can be had.

We booked hotel only through cheapcaribbean.com. The catch is that you have to use a credit card based in the US, Canada or Europe, and you have to have one of those 3 passports to check in with the special price, even though you've already paid for it. When we got to the hotel and gave them our US passports, they saw that Mr. AE was born in DR and almost turned us away because "you're Dominican". He had to show his NJ driver's license to prove he lived there.