Banco Popular Sheet / Link with their fees?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Not sure if that was asked before. Searching I can't find anything.

Question:

Is it only me not finding it or do they not state their fees on their website?

Does anybody have a list with their fees?

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
You can ask the reps @ the office, but Popular charges more than most other banks here, for mostly anything... BanReservas is much cheaper.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I was hoping there is something online... I have my account with BP and I am happy so far...

You can ask the reps @ the office, but Popular charges more than most other banks here, for mostly anything... BanReservas is much cheaper.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
They gave me a list - partial maybe- when In opened the account..

I expect they are reluctant to show all charges - many banks are.

Eons ago, in Canada, my business account was hit with a $50 fee every month that my rec'bles were not delivered in 4 days after month's end. An impossible chore back in the 70'/80's for a small business.

I asked for relief ---none granted
My personal friend , a VP at CIBC, said... "How do you think we get to 50% fee income w/o charges like this?"

US banks are still trying to get to that magic 50% fee income the Cdn oligarchies have been enjoying for decades.

jari841

Feb 20, 2011
Not sure if that was asked before. Searching I can't find anything.

Question:

Is it only me not finding it or do they not state their fees on their website?

Does anybody have a list with their fees?

Is this what you are looking for? They don?t show this too much around, but it?s still there:

Popular en l?nea

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
Popular is an absolut RIP OFF. For a western there is no sense to see all what the charge you for GIVING them your MONEY!!!
In Europe banks try anything to make you put your money with them, but in Popular looks like they are doing you a favour letting you put your money with them.
I know it well as my wife has an account there, and all the time she tells me that she has been charged for this and that ... even for not taking out money!!!!!, yes thats real! it is better to take it all when you get your salary, if you take time to do it, they charge you for that.
Another lovely no sense thing in DR ...
BTW, I have an account in Banreservas, really better one

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Well for know I have to stick with BP...

I am trying to figure out but can't find it on their list (of course? ;)):

I know they will charge for it lol, but how much?

Say, there are Dollars on my Mastercard and I want them to swipe it and put the money into my Peso account, how much it would cost me? Do they charge a fixed amount or a percentage of the amount?

We did this procedure with a Mastercard (in Dollars) last month to deposit into our US Dollar account. Basically the Dollars from the MC were paid out (changed into) in Pesos, than with these Pesos we had to buy Dollars from them to put these into our account. This was the procedure... Routine or Rip off?

Any input?

Thanks! :)

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
On second thought I'm asking myself which one is safer BPD or BR (owned by the (broke?) government...).

Well, reg. my CC question I think I will just have to try it...