Best places to shop in Santiago??

Macy Kai

Jul 7, 2012
Hi, I would like to know the best places to shop in Santiago, the best it value for money. Is it possible to go to one place and find a rang of things?
For example, clothes, shoes, household furnishings, bedding, towels, kids clothes, toys, baby accessories.

Thanks in advance.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
La Sirena is probably the best value for low quality chinese trinkets.. La Opera on Calle del sol is the place to get CHEAP, extremely low quality items at ridiculously low prices.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
La Sirena is probably the best value for low quality chinese trinkets.. La Opera on Calle del sol is the place to get CHEAP, extremely low quality items at ridiculously low prices.

Yes, park at La Sirena on Calle del Sol. Check the prices and selection there, then check the surrounding streets for a couple of blocks.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Landfill material in six months.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
The best store in Santiago for all the requirements quoted is El Encanto on Calle Restauracion Tel 809 582 1626.

They stock quality merchandise and their prices are excellent at least for US brand name gents clothing.

Hi, I would like to know the best places to shop in Santiago, the best it value for money. Is it possible to go to one place and find a rang of things?
For example, clothes, shoes, household furnishings, bedding, towels, kids clothes, toys, baby accessories.

Thanks in advance.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
The best store in Santiago for all the requirements quoted is El Encanto on Calle Restauracion Tel 809 582 1626.

They stock quality merchandise and their prices are excellent at least for US brand name gents clothing.

This store would actually fit right in between La Opera and La Sirena, worse quality than La Sirena, a bit cheaper, but not as cheap and bad quality as La Opera.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
For clothes I like Anthony's. There are two locations. One is where Hache is, and the other is in the International Mall on Duarte.

Ask to get a discount card before you buy and you will get 10 % off.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Wait a minute.... for a person that flys to and from nyc often, why would you shop in the DR for clothing???

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Luperon makes sense.
I NEVER buy clothing (exceptions: hand made chacacabana in Punta Cana and a custom made suit in Santiago) in the DR. I mainly dress in jeans/khakis, cotton socks, "tennis", collared shirts-sleeves depending on weather.
Old Navy, Macy's, JC Penny all have sales that serve my needs.

After 24 years of Brooks Brothers, Barney's and other fine stores...I could live in US Army Surplus and be oh so happy.

As for home furnishings? I think you need to shop around, like PriceSmart and Monegro...and if you need major appliances, check with people in Miami for "take outs" : absolutely good appliances taken out on a regular basis and replaced in apartment complexes...fridges, stoves, washers and dryers...the shipping companies can put one in your house for less than a remanufactured one costs in the DR at LAMA.

Do NOT look for someplace to "one-stop-shop" since in the DR it will cost you dearly!! This is the US mentality at work....oh no, you gotta move about.

HB

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I'd say if you live on any sort of a budget to go with someplace like Curacao for home furnishings. Living room sets at Monegro start at about 3500$ US and bedroom sets at 5000$ US.