Sinkhole on Ave. Metropolitana

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
Coincidentally to someone bringing one up earlier in another thread, there is one forming under a street in Santiago that I have seen. It is at the corner of Arturo Grullon and Ave. Metropolitana across the street from where HB's house is. There are already two holes in the pavement bigger than manholes and you can see from across the street that the ground is falling away from under the street. I don't know who to tell to get this fixed before the business on the corner falls into the hole or something.

May 29, 2006
It doesn't take much. I saw a huge hole formed because a big truck had broken a water main. It's the ones that build up over time that can be really huge. If you get a big rock above or below a pipe it can eventually break it.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Coincidentally to someone bringing one up earlier in another thread, there is one forming under a street in Santiago that I have seen. It is at the corner of Arturo Grullon and Ave. Metropolitana across the street from where HB's house is. There are already two holes in the pavement bigger than manholes and you can see from across the street that the ground is falling away from under the street. I don't know who to tell to get this fixed before the business on the corner falls into the hole or something.

It's just a preliminary exploration for the Santiago /Santo Domingo Metro with a hub across the street from the powerful, well respected HB. :laugh:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yikes!! I better get back to the house!!.
I thought that the Stgo Metro was next month!! And they paid me all those gazillions of dollars to keep it quiet! Dang!

You can call the Ayuntamiento or Coraasan (809 582 Something something???)..

HB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sent a 911 to my son and he says that CORAASAN is working on it now. It is on 7th Street (Dr. Grullon) and near the hovel...but you can still stop in next week for coffee after Wednesday....

HB