"LINDA" Sweet Peas (15 oz)

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Cans with Best Buy Date 31/12/2016 seems to have have an unusual taste, more like mushy peas - not the usual quality they produce.
Quite unpleasant.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Cans with Best Buy Date 31/12/2016 seems to have have an unusual taste, more like mushy peas - not the usual quality they produce.
Quite unpleasant.

seems to be a recurring theme. i stopped eating Linda peas eons ago. they are the absolute worst.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Quite unpleasant.

Thats because Lindas Peas are not good until 2016....that's when they are best !...lol

gonzo two

Banned
Jan 13, 2010
ive had some that were off, i think they ferment in the can , you can detect a bulge sometimes so to speak

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Cheap, IS CHEAP"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you MUST buy canned peas, at least buy "De Monte", "Food Club", or any peas imported from the USA!
"Fresh is Best", but frozed is often Flash Frozen hours after being harvested.
"Fresh" at the market can be many days "OLD"!
Again, buy USA brands.
However, when you buy anything "frozen" here in the DR, you have to ask yourself, How many times has it been, "Re-Frozen"??????????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
For me,I prefer not to buy frozen vegetables as long as it's availabe fresh in the DR.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Criss,get some seeds and plant them in your garden.Then you'll always have fresh peas available.:)

I bought some seed packets of green beans to plant in my garden.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I once decided to make chili, and bought some canned red beans... needed a chisel to get them out of the can...

and spend the next two days on the can... well a different one...

I made bolognese last month with canned mushrooms from ROLAND... I ended up fishing them out of the sauce and nailing them on the bottoms of my flipflops... THEY WILL LAST ME FOR YEARS NOW....

Yes... chili with soaked over night dried red beans from now on, and mushrooms? I will suffer, and pay the ridiculous price for the fresh ones.

And no, do not send me packages of seeds... First of all, I hate gardening. Secondly, my dogs will pee all over the plants. And thirdly... I did not come here to do manual work.

Now, where is my glass of wine, so I can enjoy my sweet and sour pork (no pork today, so chicken)?

BelgianK

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
I once decided to make chili, and bought some canned red beans... needed a chisel to get them out of the can...

and spend the next two days on the can... well a different one...

I made bolognese last month with canned mushrooms from ROLAND... I ended up fishing them out of the sauce and nailing them on the bottoms of my flipflops... THEY WILL LAST ME FOR YEARS NOW....

Yes... chili with soaked over night dried red beans from now on, and mushrooms? I will suffer, and pay the ridiculous price for the fresh ones.

And no, do not send me packages of seeds... First of all, I hate gardening. Secondly, my dogs will pee all over the plants. And thirdly... I did not come here to do manual work.

Now, where is my glass of wine, so I can enjoy my sweet and sour pork (no pork today, so chicken)?

BelgianK

Ha ha ha! That's too funny!:D

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it's the same with me: if i spit on it and it grows it has a place in my garden. anything weak will be ripped apart by my rotties or flattened out with 8 kilos of a dominican cat. so the only edible plants we have are platanos and rulos. and fatso still keeps on climbing those in destructive attempts.
and i buy them canned peas. damn, even back home i did not peel and pluck them things and the stuff grows in my parent's garden. what am i? a peasant? i leave the manual labour to the artisan.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
When I "garden", what I should say is that I "supervise" my garden.
I have "Manuel" do the actual work.
"Manual Labor",..."It's a GOOD THING!
I once kept about 25 "free Range" Pollos in my yard.
Chickens love gardens!
It was "chickens", or a "Garden"????????????????????????????
Man that was a lot of chickens to eat!!!!
"Canned" mushrooms are to fresh mushrooms, as "Canned" peas are to fresh peas!
"Canned" tomatoes are better than fresh Dominican grown tomatos.
"Peeled Italian "Plum Tomatoes" to be exact.
My next big project, is to see if the Spanish Clementine seeds I saved when in Boston will grow and produce here in the DR.
They are all juice, and sweet as sugar.
I had to eat two crates of them to get 5 seeds!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
They are "Seedless", but once-in-a-while you can find a seed.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
When I "garden", what I should say is that I "supervise" my garden.
I have "Manuel" do the actual work.
"Manual Labor",..."It's a GOOD THING!
I once kept about 25 "free Range" Pollos in my yard.
Chickens love gardens!
It was "chickens", or a "Garden"????????????????????????????
Man that was a lot of chickens to eat!!!!
"Canned" mushrooms are to fresh mushrooms, as "Canned" peas are to fresh peas!
"Canned" tomatoes are better than fresh Dominican grown tomatos.
"Peeled Italian "Plum Tomatoes" to be exact.
My next big project, is to see if the Spanish Clementine seeds I saved when in Boston will grow and produce here in the DR.
They are all juice, and sweet as sugar.
I had to eat two crates of them to get 5 seeds!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
They are "Seedless", but once-in-a-while you can find a seed.

Ha! the same thing with me.I had to eat a whole pack of clementines before I was able to get three
seeds!I saved them to take back to the DR and see if I'm lucky and they'll bare fruit.I'm also taking
Miracle Grow crystal fertilizer,it works!Just one scoop and mix it in a gallon of water and apply it to
your plants every two weeks and watch them grow!

gonzo two

Banned
Jan 13, 2010
I hate to tell you Mr colon but fruit trees are usually grafted so you may not get the correct thing from your pip