Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default cake in santiago

i need to get a cake in santiago, for a little kids birthday party.. any recommendations?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Good variety of delicious cakes at good prices...with free decoration/writing...at PriceSmart.

La Sirena and Nacional both have good cakes as well.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

WTF!?!?

I'm not a sweets guy, but I know Dominican cake is probably the best cake in the world.

How a Dominican guy with a family in the Cibao in the coffee business can't come up with an amazing bizcocho from the local reposterķa is beyond comprehension.

And shame on you, DavidZ. I understand you to be a man of distinguished taste...sending the boy to a box store. Tsk tsk.

4. Likes caribmike, bronzeallspice, RGVgal liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I buy cakes from El Nacional because they are as good as any I've had here and inexpensive. They put birthday wishes on the cake for free too.

6. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pollogringo View Post
    WTF!?!?

I'm not a sweets guy, but I know Dominican cake is probably the best cake in the world.

How a Dominican guy with a family in the Cibao in the coffee business can't come up with an amazing bizcocho from the local reposterķa is beyond comprehension.

And shame on you, DavidZ. I understand you to be a man of distinguished taste...sending the boy to a box store. Tsk tsk.
    I'm sure I could, in La Vega where I'm from.. but I also like getting new recommendations from members on dr1, never hurts to try something new.. and how someone could post so many words without even a bit of helpful information is beyond comprehension.

8. Likes DavidZ liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sayanora View Post
    I'm sure I could, in La Vega where I'm from.. but I also like getting new recommendations from members on dr1, never hurts to try something new.. and how someone could post so many words without even a bit of helpful information is beyond comprehension.
    https://www.facebook.com/reposteriafifasudejer

809-247-6460

Don't say I never helped you.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest Lumijor on Ave Raphael Vidal. They have a personalised service and my adopted Dominican families devour the cakes.

Quote Originally Posted by sayanora View Post

11. Likes pollogringo liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pollogringo View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/reposteriafifasudejer

809-247-6460

Don't say I never helped you.
    lol.. thanks man..

Let me google that for you

coulda just linked me this.. anyways, if anyone has any real recommendations I'm still open to hearing them

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Also on Raphael Vidal is La Campagna
    Panaderia which is top class but comes with a corresponding price.

You get what you pay for.....springs to mind

14. Likes pollogringo liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jinty05 View Post
    I would suggest Lumijor on Ave Raphael Vidal. They have a personalised service and my adopted Dominican families devour the cakes.
    Great suggestion, considering I live only about 1mile away from it I might check it out, my other option is Bravo, I know their bread is absolutely awesome, but not sure about their cakes.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast