Does this make sense? Iberia flight from SJU to SDQ?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
I've been going to the DR for about 7 years and this is the first time I see Iberia offering a flight from SJU to SDQ. I then checked at iberia.com and it doesn't exist. I saw it in Kayak.com.

Has anyone ever taken a 70-minute Iberia flight? Maybe it takes off from San Juan, connects in Spain, and then flies to Santo Domingo.

Here's the screenshot. I'm pretty sure that's a mistake.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it kinda does exist. last time i was in europe with miesposo and coming back to DR from madrid there was a flight from barajas to SD and san juan. or the other way round. i could not make any sense of it either and even the crew did not seem to go where we were going. i was very confused, especially seeing that i do not have american visa and i could not go to PR.
but yeah, apparently there is a flight like this...

Feb 7, 2007
There is an Iberia flight on Sundays that does MAD-SJU-SDQ-MAD
Kinda like what Air France does sometimes CDG-PUJ-SDQ-CDG

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I once took a flight on Condor Airlines from San Jose, CR to SDQ. I thought I got on the wrong plane because 99.9% of the passengers where all from Europe, and I asked a passenger "your going to Santo Domingo too?" No I am going home to Germany he said. After he had a little fun watching me get worried that I was headed to Germany he said" It stops in the Dominican Republic first" Then before the plane took the flight crew came on and said the plane does stop in the Dominican Republic.

BTW This was the 1st time I ever been on a plane that stops and let people off like a" guagua" also this plane was HUGE I never saw a plane that big land in SDQ. I guess if you are flying from San Jose, CR to Germany the plane has to much larger then MIA to SDQ LOL!!!

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
That's pretty cool. The odd thing is that I've never seen it, but now that you mention, I don't remember if I've traveled to DR on a Sunday.

It's $50 cheaper than jetblue and AA, but unfortunately it's too late.

Thanks again.