Tankless Water Heater

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
This is for the Santiago area. Can anyone please help me with some information in reference to tankless water heaters. I need a price with installation and a honest person to do the installation. Also if possible the brands to stay away from. Moving to Santiago in about 3 months and I like hot showers.....LOL.
I pretty much have everything else all figured out. I will say thanks in advance and I promise to cook a awesome American or Italian meal for some of you when I get there. black Cuban but I make a awesome lasagna. (First wife was Italian).

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Richard Burton always said:
"You ain't had noth'n, Until you had "Liz-on-ya"!!!!....(Sorry!) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
My plumber in SD told me that tankless water heaters need a minimum water pressur to function.
Don't know how much, but you should check it out.
Bring it with you in a suitcase if you can.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Richard Burton always said:
"You ain't had noth'n, Until you had "Liz-on-ya"!!!!....(Sorry!) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
My plumber in SD told me that tankless water heaters need a minimum water pressur to function.
Don't know how much, but you should check it out.
Bring it with you in a suitcase if you can.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Is the water pressure there that bad?..........WOW

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
The other option is what is sometimes called a suicide shower. This is an electrical installation where the heating element itself is in the shower head. They cost about 1000 pesos and have only about 3 inches of wire on them for the electrical hook up thus the terminology suicide shower. The wiring, usually 220, is within reach of waving arms while bathing.
Der Fish

I saw those in South America no thank you ....LOL. Those things scare the hell out of me

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Barker, the only honest guy i know that backs up his work with a guarantee is Mike Fitzgerald. he's here on the northcoast, but might be able to help you. let me know if you want his number. he's a certified electrician, but can do anything. he installed my water heater recently. works perfectly!

frank

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Barker, the only honest guy i know that backs up his work with a guarantee is Mike Fitzgerald. he's here on the northcoast, but might be able to help you. let me know if you want his number. he's a certified electrician, but can do anything. he installed my water heater recently. works perfectly!

frank

Frank12 thanks so much just need to be pointed in the right direction. Yes I would love to have his number, also if not a problem would you mind telling me what I'm looking at more or less in cost? Also language is not a problem so Spanish or English speaking persons are ok

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We bought one on eBay and brought it down. They're small, and my husband hooked it up very easily and quickly.

Works great with regular water pressure - will NOT work with a tinaco, not enough pressure. Our inverter is not connected to our well pump or the pump in the cistern, so no electric=no hot water at our house.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
This is easy... you'll find your way

I forget the necessary pressure but its not that high.

We have two and one small hot water tank.

Check out the RV supply sites...... they have plenty of hot water ideas

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Frank12 thanks so much just need to be pointed in the right direction. Yes I would love to have his number, also if not a problem would you mind telling me what I'm looking at more or less in cost? Also language is not a problem so Spanish or English speaking persons are ok

Mike Fitzgerald's number is 809-501-6207. Call Mike, he's honest, he's knowledgable, and he's certified. He knows water heaters, but he specializes in A/C installation and repair.

Frank

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
I just recently went through this - bought an Eccotemp L5 and an automatic pressure pump (12 volt) on Amazon.com - cost is $173.00 US - biggest pain was the costs of shipping via EPS (an additional $3800 RD) - but installation was very simple and I have the system hooked up to a small 12V battery that's on a trickle charger so it keeps the battery topped off. Had it plumbed into the house system for a small charge and now I have hot water all over the house. Just turn on the hot water facet and waa-laa - hot water in moments !!! It's hooked directly to a small propane tank and automatically turns on via the battery igniter. Eccotemp Tankless Water Heaters | Eccotemp Portable Tankless Water Heaters

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
This is for the Santiago area. Can anyone please help me with some information in reference to tankless water heaters. I need a price with installation and a honest person to do the installation. Also if possible the brands to stay away from. Moving to Santiago in about 3 months and I like hot showers.....LOL.
I pretty much have everything else all figured out. I will say thanks in advance and I promise to cook a awesome American or Italian meal for some of you when I get there. black Cuban but I make a awesome lasagna. (First wife was Italian).

Here's a thread from 2011. Ours needs a minimum water pressure of 10psi to work. Hope this helps.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/120671-water-heater-help.html

Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Ivan : 8099246493

Works at ferreteria ochoa , no english, installed our water pump, hot water heater, and fixed an issue with the tinaco overflowing with the water pump. Did a pretty good job and charged me 1500 pesos for like 4 hours of work and I have had no issues with any of the installations he made.

By the way, feels good to actually be able to contribute and help another dr1 member out with stuff in the santiago area finally.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I just recently went through this - bought an Eccotemp L5 and an automatic pressure pump (12 volt) on Amazon.com - cost is $173.00 US - biggest pain was the costs of shipping via EPS (an additional $3800 RD) - but installation was very simple and I have the system hooked up to a small 12V battery that's on a trickle charger so it keeps the battery topped off. Had it plumbed into the house system for a small charge and now I have hot water all over the house. Just turn on the hot water facet and waa-laa - hot water in moments !!! It's hooked directly to a small propane tank and automatically turns on via the battery igniter. Eccotemp Tankless Water Heaters | Eccotemp Portable Tankless Water Heaters

Great info. Thank you very much. We have a waterheater in our rented house, but since they replaced the old unit, we need to switch it on for about half an hour, and it takes 20 minutes to get lukewarm water. I am going to look into this Eccotemp, as I also like a hot shower.

BelgianK

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
I was going to purchase the L10 (larger unit) but the L5 works fine and the water can actually get scalding hot !!!