Help Please!! Ceiling fans needed!!

jameshoff

Nov 18, 2011
Hello DR1ers

Help please!! I'm trying to find some ceiling fans for my home which is in the Bavaro area, The only ones I have managed to find are the plain white not very appealing with small blades. There was a very big hadware store located across the street from the Ikea in SD, but for the life of me I can't remember the name. Travelling is not an issue if the quaility and price is right. Thanks in advance.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Well, my 2 cents is that the pretty fans sometimes don't move the air very well. I bought a gorgeous Westinghouse fan at Americana, and it's almost useless. It does look pretty tho.

Those plain ugly ones work great - someone will post the brand, I always get the letters wrong.....

Dec 26, 2011
Well, my 2 cents is that the pretty fans sometimes don't move the air very well. I bought a gorgeous Westinghouse fan at Americana, and it's almost useless. It does look pretty tho.

Those plain ugly ones work great - someone will post the brand, I always get the letters wrong.....

KDK. We have two and they work great.

jameshoff

Nov 18, 2011
Pollogringo I've been seaching through the Americana Departamentos web page, but my spanish is very poor to say the least, could you help me with some navigation too get me to the right department?

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I have KDK. They are the best. I have a brown one in my dining room and white ones in the other rooms. Believe me... They cool you!
They run between 3,000-4,000rd each
They are sold in most stores

SHALENA

Dec 26, 2011
I have KDK. They are the best. I have a brown one in my dining room and white ones in the other rooms. Believe me... They cool you!

SHALENA

Like helicopter propellers.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012

SHALENA

I got the brown ones without the light bulb attachment (added myself for about 300 pesos), for 2655 at Electrolama in la vega, the price was so good I bought 6 of them only needing 4. Ended up gifting 2 to mami at christmas :)

jameshoff

Nov 18, 2011
Well everyone I just finished packing and I'm getting ready to head to the airport, nice weather beautiful people here I come. I can't wait to get away from all this snow and ice. Thanks again for all the help, and I will put it to good use. Hopefully I will run into some Dr1er's around the Punta Cana area for a Presidente or two. See ya soon!!

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006

Often the ceiling fan doesn't move enough air if it is too close to the ceiling. We had 2 Westinghouse in the condo, but they were mounted with a very short hanging stick/pole. They looked great, and were not 'in your face' but didn't move near enough air. Now, in the house we are in - exact same fan - with a much longer extension - lots of air moving.

Bolin

Sep 22, 2010
We have a KDK - works great. When the guy installed it, he asked us if we wanted it set on regular or wig lifting.