Claro Multiplan calling cell phones...

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I am very grateful that my wife have made few Korean friends to talk to here but I have just one small issue. Now that she is befriended with few people here she has started to use a lot of calls to cell phones. We got charged for about 500 minutes for couple of months now. That's about $1400 + Tax extra we are paying on top of our multiplan charges. I don't mind paying for extra but I am afraid of the consistent rise in minutes she uses each month and I am sure minutes will be rising higher as time pass and makes more friends. Is there better solution to paying less for calling her friends here?

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Call friends and let it ring only "ONE" time.
Wait for them to call back.

(That's the Dominican way)

"R"

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Call friends and let it ring only "ONE" time.
Wait for them to call back.

(That's the Dominican way)

"R"
LOL...
Could it be Koreanas in DR are Dominicanized and using this methods to lure my wife to call and spend hour at time on phone calls? What in the world does women have something to talk about for 53:12 minutes? I definitely need cheaper solution soon else my wife would kill me with her chatty mouth(not directed at me).

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
LOL...
Could it be Koreanas in DR are Dominicanized and using this methods to lure my wife to call and spend hour at time on phone calls? What in the world does women have something to talk about for 53:12 minutes? I definitely need cheaper solution soon else my wife would kill me with her chatty mouth(not directed at me).

The Dominican way is having "favoritos" on claro and you can call them for 5 minutes and the call is free. My wife spends hours calling her friends and family for 4 minutes at a time, hangs up, and then calls them back.. lol

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
The Dominican way is having "favoritos" on claro and you can call them for 5 minutes and the call is free. My wife spends hours calling her friends and family for 4 minutes at a time, hangs up, and then calls them back.. lol
We use this method between me and my wife but since we get poor reception in our house we gave up and just use home phones. :, (

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
The trick Claro has with the superfavoritos is that if you pass the 5 minutes limit they don't deduct these minuts from the minutes in your plan but charge them additionally at a cost per minute.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
If she has a smartphone then get the Viber application installed.
Thanks for this...

I knew I would've bought her a new phone. :( I was going to buy Nexus 4 in state but she wanted to wait until my son grew up a little longer due to my son keep finding her phone and losing and breaking the screens and it was sold out. But when Nexus 4 becomes available again I'll give her my Galaxy S2 and I'll buy Nexus 4.

Thanks.

On the side note: How do I check if Nexus 4 is available again? I tried to see if it's available and it keep saying "It's not available in country."

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
The trick Claro has with the superfavoritos is that if you pass the 5 minutes limit they don't deduct these minuts from the minutes in your plan but charge them additionally at a cost per minute.
I noticed this to so I had my phone soft beep every minutes but we gave that up completely.