Best Place to Buy a Laser Printer?

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Does anyone know if a good place to buy a good quality laser printer in Santo Domingo?

Thanks in advance,
Jennifer

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I don't know where to go in SD but I just wanted you to know that our company uses a lot of printers both laser, ink and rolls to print but we find that it's not easy to buy new toners cheap here. Unless you have specific need for laser printer and willing to buy refilled toners or get your hands dirty and refill it your self. I suggest getting a refillable ink printer and use that. It's less messy and cheaper way to print in my opinion. I've seen most of the computer store have refillable one available.

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Really?? How much does a toner cost? I'd say 3,000 pesos would be "typical" in the states? But it can print TONS.. The thing is I homeschool 3 kids and we do a lot of printing.. you still suggest ink? Ok I am going to follow your suggestion..

Thank you!

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Really?? How much does a toner cost? I'd say 3,000 pesos would be "typical" in the states? But it can print TONS.. The thing is I homeschool 3 kids and we do a lot of printing.. you still suggest ink? Ok I am going to follow your suggestion..

Thank you!
With three kids and homeschooling refillable printer is a must. I think we paid around 2-4000 for refilled toners but quality sucked, all the document and labels has been easily smudged out badly. We had been importing our refill kits from state and I had been trying to teach guys here how to refill toners but it's another story. Another tip I want to give is after initial inks, buy ink form state and bring it in or better yet buy ink from Amazon and watch them fill them in store. Amazon always have better quality stuff.

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
HP Products: Omega Tech

Does anyone know if a good place to buy a good quality laser printer in Santo Domingo?

Yes.
OmegaTech in Sto. Domingo.
OmegaTech
John F. Kennedy No. 85 km. 8 1/2

Purchased a HP ColorLaser in 2008 there and was the best price in town. Brand new, overall impression no difference to a U.S. based store.

Laser has the main advantages over ink that copy is not so delicate with moisture.
With high volume, cost per page is cheaper with laser, also a lot faster.

If you use the printer rarely: all computer equipment corrodes fast in coastal areas.
Inkjet printers are damned cheap "disposables", so the shorter life expectation does not hurt too much.

Alexander

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Agree, they have a very large line of printers at the best price in the DR. And you can get one shipped to you on Metro Pac also.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Yes.
OmegaTech in Sto. Domingo.
OmegaTech
John F. Kennedy No. 85 km. 8 1/2

Purchased a HP ColorLaser in 2008 there and was the best price in town. Brand new, overall impression no difference to a U.S. based store.

Laser has the main advantages over ink that copy is not so delicate with moisture.
With high volume, cost per page is cheaper with laser, also a lot faster.

If you use the printer rarely: all computer equipment corrodes fast in coastal areas.
Inkjet printers are damned cheap "disposables", so the shorter life expectation does not hurt too much.

Alexander

Agree.
Laser printers has it's advantages but huge disadvantages as well. Toner these days cost as much as a brand new printer sometimes it even costs more than printer itself. And ink printers has that questionable quality and ink drying out issues. But like you said its dirt cheap and with refillable or continue feeding system. Printing in colors costs paso per page.

Hugo Matos

Jan 7, 2013
Great toner at decent pricing

I don't know where to go in SD but I just wanted you to know that our company uses a lot of printers both laser, ink and rolls to print but we find that it's not easy to buy new toners cheap here. Unless you have specific need for laser printer and willing to buy refilled toners or get your hands dirty and refill it your self. I suggest getting a refillable ink printer and use that. It's less messy and cheaper way to print in my opinion. I've seen most of the computer store have refillable one available.

Hello, Koreano, I've read your post, and wanted to let you know that we are the distributors in our country for MSE products, which have been awarded practically every prize in the industry. They're made in the USA, and their rate of failure is often less than that of the OEM, without mentioning that for many commercial printers, we offer the JUMBO variants.
Normally we sell to banks, insurance, and oil firms, but seldom to individuals, thus with very little recognition among the general public, which will provide considerably higher yield than the original cartridges.
Based on the samples that I have seen through the years, yes, the refilling leaves way too much to be desired, mostly due to economic reasons: in order to offer a top quality product, very pricey equipment is needed, and several critical parts of the cartridge have to be replaced. Our market simply does not demand enough volume to make such investment feasible.
Should you be interested in our products, give me a call to 809 566-2139, and I'll be glad to explain our product line.