Haiti For a Few Days

Jun 5, 2004
Good Afternoon,

I have some time off this month and found a great fare on Spirit (I know...) flying into Port Au Prince. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to do/where to stay....advice in general. I am looking for inexpensive accommodations (Its interesting that a search on hotels.com brings up nothing). Also wikitravel recommends Jean Eteme Lundg (cell: 740-0703) as a tour guide. Any experience with the gentleman? Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Mountainannie is the person who came to my mind too.She's the best one who can
offer good advice on all things Haitian.:)

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
Good Afternoon,

I have some time off this month and found a great fare on Spirit (I know...) flying into Port Au Prince. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to do/where to stay....advice in general. I am looking for inexpensive accommodations (Its interesting that a search on hotels.com brings up nothing). Also wikitravel recommends Jean Eteme Lundg (cell: 740-0703) as a tour guide. Any experience with the gentleman? Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
New thread ?http://www.dr1.com/forums/haiti/129936-state-dept-warns-americans-about-haiti-travel.html

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
The good places are expensive and are not geared towards pleasure travelers.

Unless you have business in Haiti, head for another destination.