EdeNorte Facturer by e-mail

G

Grahame Bush

Hi all, Has anyone else received their monthly facturer from EdeNorte by e-mail this month? I received my notice by e-mail on Friday evening with the facturer in an attachment. I was not aware that EdeNorte HAD my e-mail address (I know it is easy to find it but NOT for a Dominican business - that would be efficiency!!) & am therefore concerned about opening up the attachment in case this has been sent by some wise guy & there is a virus attached. I will be checking with EdeNorte first thing Monday morning but would welcome information from others who live here & receive EdeNorte facturers. Thanks - GB.

R

Rick

Grahame- I use Script Sentry.It scans the attachment and if there is anything harmful in the attachment it won't let you open it.

P

Pib

Something is rotten in the kingdom of Hippy.

I wouldn't open that attachment if I were you. Last month my electricity bill showed up with the ammount of RD12,000.00 for electricity consumed in the month of July. I almost had a heart attack and armed with all the papers I could find at home to prove otherwise I went argument-ready to the nearest EDESUR office. Surprise! they just sent me a corrected bill for RD386.00. Now, do you think that is the company that would inquire to find your email address and kindly send you a reminder? I DON'T THINK SO!

Ahhh, the good old days when death by dismemberment could still be applied to thieves.