Headed down to the D.R. mission trip

L.Lumus

Aug 22, 2012
We will b in country the first of February on my second Missionary Trip to the D.R. will
Working @ a up and coming Orphanage called Restoration Ranch! Days will b spent on the
Orphanage and the evenings in Villages passing out food and doing what we can! Cant wait

LeeStetson

Jan 11, 2012
We will b in country the first of February on my second Missionary Trip to the D.R. will
Working @ a up and coming Orphanage called Restoration Ranch! Days will b spent on the
Orphanage and the evenings in Villages passing out food and doing what we can! Cant wait

Can you please tell us more about the orphanage and how people can get involved to help? Thanks

Floridaborn

Sep 25, 2010
I was wondering if they are a U.S. non profit ? Do they have a 501(c)3 ? They should post this if they are a legit nonprofit.

L.Lumus

Aug 22, 2012
El Cruce de Ocoa Peravia is the name of the lil town not sure if it even on the map lol
but its between Bani and Azua . The missionary couple have been in country since 1997
my wife oldest son and myself was in the D.R around the same time last yr and all I can say
is ever since our trip last year our lives have been changed forever to the extent is we r
making plans to possibly join them in the D.R. full time when my wife gets out of nursing
school! the best way to explain the Orphanage and the vision of the Stones is to direct you to
their website . Please if you have a chance check it out ! Also ck out tha youtube video amazing

myrestorationranch.com

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It's most certainly on the map. Peravia is the province it's in. The BEST dulce de leche is sold in the little booth when you turn off the main highway, always reminds me of a tollbooth!

We and my in-laws have thousands of tareas up the mountain, gorgeous views down into the river valley below.

L.Lumus

Aug 22, 2012
oh there is alot behind this heck for one they got Me what else could they as for lol
but seriously there is alot behind this project time will tell

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
Doing the right thing.

Yes there is but not sure of the names and what have you

Its good to see some real work being done. The locals here are using the name of GOD to line their pockets. For example they come by my house every Sunday and want to read me Bible quotes. [I know more of the Bible than they do] They then ask of me to give a donation for their good work. I told them they must first show me where the money will go. That made them very unhappy and told me i was not GOD faring. I thanked them for their good work and hoped they would prosper by it. Advised them to go with God Via con Dios. When they now pass they look at me as if to give me the finger. You know what finger!

L.Lumus

Aug 22, 2012
Its a sad thing for sure! People have used the name of God to line their pockets
Since b4 the Bible was put to text..it is sad.....cause when People start a new work
People then t look @ them like the frauds...

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
Its good to see some real work being done. The locals here are using the name of GOD to line their pockets. For example they come by my house every Sunday and want to read me Bible quotes. [I know more of the Bible than they do] They then ask of me to give a donation for their good work. I told them they must first show me where the money will go. That made them very unhappy and told me i was not GOD faring. I thanked them for their good work and hoped they would prosper by it. Advised them to go with God Via con Dios. When they now pass they look at me as if to give me the finger. You know what finger!

Is it not Va Con Dios?. This is not the first time im seeing this