Buying "carnet de abono" for baseball game?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Well, today we went to estadio cibao to buy some tickets to tonight's game between aguilas and escogido. So we meet this guy that's selling two of his cousin's 'carnet de abono' which is essentially a season ticket for the aguilas home games. The seats were right above the dugout (pretty good seats) for $900 each.

I've had a bad experience buying from these people, and in the end I didn't buy them. The guy knew I had my doubts and even told me I could pay after the game, but I had 'mala espina' about the whole thing.

Given the circumstances and just out of curiosity since I never bought them, would anyone here have bought them? What's the worst that could happen had I bought them?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Given the circumstances and just out of curiosity since I never bought them, would anyone here have bought them? What's the worst that could happen had I bought them?

Do you consult with dr1 before you buy toilet paper to take a dump?
What do you think "could Have happened", they could have been fake tickets and someone would be sitting in "YOUR" seats and you would have been SOL, or you could have had the best seats in the house and made friends with an Agui-chica cheerleader during the game and gone to a cabana afterwards for desert.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Vimto, Soyanora,
A loose translation would be a "Ticket of Sh?t" as Abono can be translated as manuer! Choose which tipo!
So perhaps you did the right thing turning them down! TT - its a bit like having a dump but you are on the recieving end!

Olly and the Team

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Do you consult with dr1 before you buy toilet paper to take a dump?
What do you think "could Have happened", they could have been fake tickets and someone would be sitting in "YOUR" seats and you would have been SOL, or you could have had the best seats in the house and made friends with an Agui-chica cheerleader during the game and gone to a cabana afterwards for desert.

Geez, what's your problem? If I need help with toilet paper, I'll probably post here. You can never be too sure about what you use to wipe your buttocks.

Now, before you go on another rant, here's the whole situation. You can read and understand my point or you can ignore it. I doesn't matter to me.

We go to the stadium and this guy offers us two 'abono cards' with these great seats from the same owner. I tell him that I'm not interested for the obvious reasons. The guy, as a token of 'good faith', says that we can pay him AFTER the game. Not only that, he's going to be sitting right next to us.

Even though I didn't buy them, my question was: worse-case scenario, what would've happened? If the seats weren't there, then we don't pay. If they throw us out in the middle of the game, we don't pay. If anything happens, we don't pay.

I was with two other Dominicans from Santiago, and they wanted to purchase the tickets. Anyone can go through that situation, especially if they're not used to the way baseball tickets are handled here.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Geez, what's your problem? If I need help with toilet paper, I'll probably post here. You can never be too sure about what you use to wipe your buttocks.

Now, before you go on another rant, here's the whole situation. You can read and understand my point or you can ignore it. I doesn't matter to me.

We go to the stadium and this guy offers us two 'abono cards' with these great seats from the same owner. I tell him that I'm not interested for the obvious reasons. The guy, as a token of 'good faith', says that we can pay him AFTER the game. Not only that, he's going to be sitting right next to us.

Even though I didn't buy them, my question was: worse-case scenario, what would've happened? If the seats weren't there, then we don't pay. If they throw us out in the middle of the game, we don't pay. If anything happens, we don't pay.

I was with two other Dominicans from Santiago, and they wanted to purchase the tickets. Anyone can go through that situation, especially if they're not used to the way baseball tickets are handled here.

Some people only use this site to insult others, they provide absolutely no value to dr1 and probably have nothing better to do with their lives. If you could pay him after the game I can't see any possible negative to the situation, I probably would have bought them.

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
If you don't have to pay for the tickets until after the game what could go wrong?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have went to many Aquilas games and Always bought my tickets in the street. Maybe I am lucky, but I always made out good. But you need to know the best seats. Palco A is best.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I often buy tickets from those guys outside. I just make sure I can go and confirm the tickets are good before I pay. Never had a problem.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
At least for me, it sounded too good to be true. And it just didn't feel 100% right...

At 3:00PM, the guy still had these awesome seats behind the dugout available at $900 each. The cards looked very used, but the owners decide to miss the last round-robin game between #2 Escogido and #1 Aguilas in Cibao with Manny??? Something wasn't right...

Anyways, Aguilas had their asses whipped, so I'm kinda glad we didn't go.