Best option from Cabarete to santo Domingo

blooztune

Jan 4, 2013
My daughter and boyfriend need to get to Santo Domingo airport from Cabarete on Thursday. I've heard the bus is about 6 hours. That's a bit too long. Is it better for them to grab a taxi, or to rent a car and a driver? Anybody on the forum have connections or provide a service?

Thanks,
Steve

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
MetroBus has five departures a day from Sosua to Santo Domingo. According to their posted schedule, it is a four hour trip, and the cost is 380 pesos.
First bus leaves at 8:20am
Last bus leaves at 5:50pm

From the MetroBus Station in Santo Domingo, taxis to the airport cost around 1000 pesos. With no traffic (unlikely) the taxi ride takes about a half hour, but I'd allow at least an hour.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
yoursantiagodriver @ gmail.com

Pedro will take care of you.

About 3 hours by the new toll road and Pedro will drop you right at the curb - no changes.
Tolls will be 800 + pesos return.....

Not the cheapest option but the fastest and most comfortable

KS721

Mar 15, 2013
Hello! I will also be in Cabarete in June and was looking to find a taxi to Santo Domingo. One way, as we will fly out of Santo Domingo. Do you know how to arrange this? It seems better to do it ahead of time, but maybe we should find one when we are there. Also - if it is (as an example) $200 what is the standard tip amount? I'm not sure if that means we need to add an additional amount for tip or if it is all included in the first price. Thank you so much!

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
hm, i tried to send a mail to pedro but i got an error message. anyone a clue?

i need to arrive in santo domingo before 12am (better as early as possible) and this is rather impossible via bus.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
hm, i tried to send a mail to pedro but i got an error message. anyone a clue?

i need to arrive in santo domingo before 12am (better as early as possible) and this is rather impossible via bus.

Did you remove the spaces in the e-mail address?