American(Cargo) Nonsense

caribeman

Dec 26, 2011
Enjoy meeting new people/cultures
Anyone ever dealt with having freight forwarded using American. I spent a month to get a crazy answer today. "In order to ship from Miami you must have a Miami address"... after telling the woman just this morning.. no the boxes are being sent from Chicago directly to American Cargo.. OMG.. Really?

Other ideas to get it from Miami to here... not big stuff like furniture.. just boxes of towels, sheets, pillows, etc

Exactly why I am here and not there...

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Miami - Carmen Cargo Express - Door to Door (About 18 days transit via boat)

You can pack as much as you can into those standard shipping boxes, one of mine weighed 121 lbs.
Cost: About $65-$75 (Put some food in box, lower price).
The more boxes you ship at the same time, the lower the price.

"R"

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
You are better off to put it in a suitcase and pay for the extra one taken. You shouldn't have a problem bringing it through customs when you enter the DR.

Steve

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012

You can pack as much as you can into those standard shipping boxes, one of mine weighed 121 lbs.

"R"

Totally agree. Ive been using CCE for years without problems here in Miami. Im moving to DR this month and shipping my bedroom furniture because the same quality in DR is expensive. Bed,dresser,and mirror $650.

Jax

May 20, 2012

This past November Carmen did the shipping of boxes (18x18x28 which is a dishpack box) for me from Orlando to Santiago and Cabarete. Food, clothes, shoes only (don't know how they price other items), but $65-$75 even from up there is correct, includes the cost of the box I think.

Did good job; took longer to get the Cabarete boxes though. I will use them again when I do another FL trip.

And they do ship free separately a 25lb max bag of rice or 2.5 max gallon of oil with each box. The price of rice even in colmados has increased to RD$30/lb from RD$20/lb since November, so rice makes sense to ship both for quality and cost now.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You can't put 112 lbs. in a suitcase on any airline.
Use the shipping company boxes.
I bet I've shipped 50 boxes from Boston. (Lynn, actually!)
No weight restrictions.
Like the US postal service says, "If It Fits, It Ships"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I use "Cesar cargo"
They pick up all over the Boston metropolitan area.
You see the box leave your house there, then see it in your living room here!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
I paid extra charge in order to have my "planta" arriving with me on the same flight.
But I paid for nothing we landed at 2:45 and customs closed at 3.
So I had to drive back to POP the following days ...