Reliable repairs for a gas range?? Parts and Service required.

Sita Laura

Aug 6, 2012
Good morning!! This is my first real post (although why I waited so long is beyond me). I live in Cabarete and have just moved into a very nice condo. I have a full size GE gas range. The burners work fine, but the temperature settings for the oven are "off" and "incinerate". I believe it needs a new thermostat/sensor, but have been unsuccessful in finding the part, and someone to install it. Does anyone know a reliable handi-person that ideally speaks a little English and can provide this service?? I would hate to have to replace an appliance that is only a couple of years old and otherwise functional. Thanks!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I will see if Juan Luis is willing to go up that way. He and his father have been in the business of fixing these stoves for 20 years. Hold on and don't do any baking or roasting for a while.

HB (and if I don't get back to you, send me a PM and say HEY, Wassup??? Okay?)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
girl, does your stove have some electric components? then it may be that when the street power is off it does not work that well...
we have a built in stove, works a treat when power is on but when power is off the fans go off and it tends to burn stuff...

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
HB, I may be able to "sweeten the pot" for Juan Luis to come to Cabarete. My neighbor has a "mabe" gas stove/oven. It had a glass top that could cover the burners when you want more counter space, which had to be raised to use the oven. The pin that would depress a sensor so the oven would work broke off and he needs that fixed/replaced. I would think it's a simple job, but he hasn't found the part locally, and he's rigged it to work. I know he'd be happy to pay to have it fixed properly.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Thank you David. I will ask...that is a very popular brand so the parts should be here in Santiago.

HB

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
Thank you David. I will ask...that is a very popular brand so the parts should be here in Santiago.

HB

Dunno today, but there used to be a place on the north side of calle Salvador Cucorullo that had zillions of parts, especially the SHAW CONTROLS she probably needs. Most dealers have them too — just not necessarily the big ones like Lama and Corripio.

Sita Laura

Aug 6, 2012
Thanks!!

I will see if Juan Luis is willing to go up that way. He and his father have been in the business of fixing these stoves for 20 years. Hold on and don't do any baking or roasting for a while.

HB (and if I don't get back to you, send me a PM and say HEY, Wassup??? Okay?)

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Sita Laura

Aug 6, 2012
It has electronic ignition, but it's the temp/sensor thermostat...if it gets turned on to 200, it goes all the way up in about 2 minutes...can't be turned down or regulated (It's not that fancy...just a pretty basic oven)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I just talked to Juan Luis and he is okay with this.
I will send him to find the parts and send you a budget for this.

Same with DavidZ' friend and the Mabe oven.

He said that parts are pretty easy to come by here.

Where is the GE oven ??? In Cabarete??? We'll need directions

HB

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I just talked to Juan Luis and he is okay with this.
I will send him to find the parts and send you a budget for this.

Same with DavidZ' friend and the Mabe oven.

He said that parts are pretty easy to come by here.

Where is the GE oven ??? In Cabarete??? We'll need directions

HB

Just let me know when...you know where I am!