dominican hospitality

RayO

Mar 25, 2012
yesterday i tripped and fell at playa caleton and broke my wrist. everyone there came running to our aid. a nice couple (man worked at bahia principe rsj aquatics) drove us to the clinico, his girlfriend rachel sat with me while he drove my hubby home for money, i.d. etc. we then had to go to nagua to have it reset and get a cast. there was no waiting anywhere and everyone was super nice and helpful. everything cost in total 240.00 cdn.

this cast is on for 5 weeks so i won't be swimming alot (haha)

we are really impressed by all the help and great service by everyone.

Jo

Taca?o

Dec 30, 2012
All I can read here is that Dominicans are rude people, and for what I've dealt with I can't disagree.

But when it comes down to it, they're helpful too!

I mean did I really dropped my phone in the bus and the chauffeur picked it up for me?!? (these small buses)

But then again, did you really start ordering while you saw me waiting here!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If I were you, I would get that wrist x-rayed asap at a top notch facility. Either Santiago Or Santo Domingo or your home town. I can recommend a place here in Santiago.

Just to get a second opinion and to make sure it is set properly....

Been there and done that and am now paying the price...

HB

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
While you are at a BIG Hospital getting a real X-ray, as "HB" advised, ask if they can recast your wrist with a fiber glass cast, then you can swim!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
that is a good new, since I came here I have been asking myself "where is that famous caribbean hospitality and charm"?
Maybe I got wrong with the island? Landed in the wrong one? there are so many in the Caribbean ...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
When you do find that "Hospitality & Charm" in the DR, "Count your fingers" if you shake hands!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"I like jew, jew are me fren"!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
When you do find that "Hospitality & Charm" in the DR, "Count your fingers" if you shake hands!!!!!!!!

that reminds me of the time my sister in law was working in llego pupu's presidential campaign (yes, i know, but i cannot help being related to her). there she was, giving food packages in the barrio, shaking hands... and there it was, her hand, suddenly sans engagement ring. stolen. off her finger. at a political rally.

RayO

Mar 25, 2012
Well HB you were right. My fingers were like little sausages & turning pretty colors & aching like s**t. This time went to pop & took xrays with us. Dr. looked at them & they were real bad, he said he couldn't even see the fracture. The guy in Nagua tried to take about 6 xrays to get a half decent pic. In pop they took another couple of xrays & Dr. said I needed a longer cast and a reset. So up to surgery & after another set of xrays to show the correction.
I pray this fricken works. Pain isn't my thing. Also $500. cdn poorer.