Cruise ship location - Need help finding a place to meet people coming on cruise

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I am going to Las Terrenas to meet some people coming in on a cruise ship. I understand they come in from the ship on a smaller boat.

Where does that boat make land and what is the best local restaurant/bar to have them meet us that is within walking distance of where they make land?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Cruise ships? Las Terrenas? Are you sure that you are not thinking of Samana? Where they can take excursions to LT? never heard of a cruise ship letting off passengers in LT. They land in Samana, I thought.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes you are correct. It is Samana that I need to meet them. Any ideas on a good meeting spot in Samana?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There is a restaurant right next to Kim Bedall's whale watching operation.. right across the main street from the landing. Next to the park. Do not know the name. sorry maybe others do.

Is it perhaps the Bambu Restaurant and Bar?

agw

Feb 14, 2010
There are a couple of restaurants along the waterfront area, all with excellent views of the bay as well as a nice grassy park area with benches. When we were there last year, the ship in the bay could not be missed, so all you have to do is watch and see where the small boats that bring them in dock. The ship itself stays anchored out in the bay. It is a pretty area and worth the walk along the waterfront while you wait.