Tragic deaths in New York.

C

Canadian Bob

We were horrified to read in today's RD1 of the tragic deaths in New York of four close relatives of our Bishop of Puerto Plata, His Excellency Nicanor Pena Rodriguez. We send our prayers and sincere condolences to him and the family. Those wishing to express their thoughts, concern and support may do so through the following EMail address. penaherra_dwitragedy@yahoo.com or phone 718-238-2474 Thank you for reading this. Canadian Bob.

M

Marilyn

To those who don't know the background:

The drunken cop who killed the four members of the Pena family was originally released without bail. Only after the irate protests of the Hispanic community was the cop re-arraigned and given bail, which was reduced from 500,000 to 250,000, which he posted immediately. The Dominican community in NY is certainly in mourning for these senseless deaths. The mother and her newborn were buried together in the same coffin, the mother hugging the baby, the 16 yr. old sister was buried wearing a wedding dress, and the 4 year old boy in a white coffin next to his mother. My deep condolences to the family and my prayers for their souls.

Marilyn

C

criss colon

Yes,I agree that this is a very sad event.I agree that very serious punishment should be handed out,and that the NYPD should review it,s policies reguarding alcohol/drug use amoung it,s officers.Now, what does piss me off,is all the Dominicans who jump all over the American for drinking and driving.Drinking and driving is the national pass time in the Dom.Rep.!Friday and Saturday night,and all day on Sunday,almost anyone driving is drunk,and everyone walking too!What is the Dominican National Police Dept. going to do about this? I,ll tell you what, Absolutamente Nada,they are all to busy looking for "Propinas"! The Dominicans are always quick to criticise others for what they do on a daily basis.This is called:a Double Standard.Ok, you got that?

Criss

M

me

Unfortunately I have to confirm the message of Criss. I am living here in the DR for more than 7 years and driving between the North and the South coast. You will able to see a lot of drunken drivers who give a s..t about the lives of the others (including children). So there should nobody crying out to loud in this case because here in their own country people have to suffer every day for this uneducated behaviour.

N

Nelson

So, your point is that is Ok to kill Dominicans while driving drunk anywhere else in this planet becuase some Dominicans drive drunk in DR?

C

criss colon

Nelson,did you read my post?I said that what happened was,and is, a trajedy!My post is not about weather or not what happened was right or wrong,but about the double standard used by: all,some,afew,most,(Choose the one that makes you the most comfortable)Dominicans,when they condem in other "groups"what they as a culture choose to ignore ,or as in your case can,t even see! Nelson,I assume you are a dominican,because as do "most" dominicans you don,t pay any attention to what the other persons point might be,you just shout out your position,and then continue to make the same uneducated point by yelling louder and louder as if that will make you "right".If you want to have an intellectual dicussion,go find an intellect!

Criss

N

Nelson

Ja, ja, ja! According to your description you should also be Dominican. By the way, I read your post and didn't care to respond to it, because I have also read your other posts.

But now since you responded to me directly I WILL use my Dominican traits and respond to you. ME wrote that no one should make a big fuss about this because Dominicans drive drunk in their own country. My response was to ME's post. If you also think this way, then my previous post was a response to yours, too.

C

criss colon

Ay!Nelson,pobresito!Sacando las unas para defenderse,lo que no se puedes defender!Que lastima! Todos son eguales!

Criss colon

M

me

If you should not get it MR. NELSON:

My point is that the Dominicans have no right to complain about when it happends to them, BECAUSE THEY GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE OTHERS and do NOTHING TO PREVENT IT EITHER.

But here always the others are guilty, never the Dominicans.

I got hit in my car in St. Domingo TWICE, by fault of the other driver, and always these guys keeps saying it was my fault.

Once it happened with a >CARO PUBLICO< and they even called 20 or more other CP to make their point.

Now try to explain to me or anybody else WHY?

N

Nelson

I am sorry, you are right.

I will see if I can get that number, and call this family. I will tell them you got hit by a car two times in DR, therefor they can not complain about about an NYPD officer being released without bail after killing three people while DWI.

At last I got it!!! I guess now I have an "Intellect"

M

me

Why don't you spend about 25 hours a day of your time to call or visit all this poor people who get killed in the Domincian Republic by drunken drivers or unabled ones, instead of hiding behind the american law which in any case nobody of you immigrants respects.

Why don't you come back in YOUR country to see the reality.

N

Nelson

I am sorry again, I misunderstood you. I thought we were going to have an intelligent discussion about the subject, without prejudices of any kind.

BTW, I just got here and in the few years I have lived here I have always respected the "American Law." When I was there I would have wished to have at least one person in my family with a car so that someone could hit it. If you are there visiting poor Dominicans, you would have visited me if had I still lived there in Villa Mella.

Now I will let you have the last word. Good Bye.

M

me

No vale la pena de continuar discutiendo con gente que NO QUIEREN ENTENDER.

AMEN

N

Nelson

I am sorry again, I misunderstood you. I thought we were going to have an intelligent discussion about the subject, without prejudices of any kind.

BTW, I just got here and in the few years I have lived here I have always respected the "American Law." When I was there I would have wished to have at least one person in my family with a car so that someone could hit it. If you are there visiting poor Dominicans, you would have visited me if had I still lived there in Villa Mella.

Now I will let you have the last word. Good Bye.

D

Dee DeMusis

This is a very interesting string, guys and gals. But all the yapping isn't going to help unless we ALL learn from this.

Are any of you living in NYC? I am and I can tell you, this is a new low for the NYPD. After Diallo, Dorismond, Louima, the Wilding after the PR parade last year [in which the cops stood by and watched women get groped and raped and LAUGH at it], this is the last straw. Mr. Herrera [the husband of the victim] and Mrs Pena[ the mom ] need all the love, support , and understanding that we can muster for them.

Let's not call each other names-- please learn from this before we are doomed to repeat it. This is justice??? Officer Gray is a sad commentary.

C

criss colon

Woa,Woa,Woa,you said after the Puerto Rican day parade the police just stood by while woman were gropped and abused,(I hate this kind of activity,behavior,actions etc.OK)But what do you want the police to do,stand by, take action,wait for you to decide,After all it was just a bunch of Puert Ricans acting like Latino men having some fun with the women they respect so much!

Criss

M

Maria Obetsanov

Re: Tragic alcohol and responsibility.

Dunk driving anywhere should be punish. The family deserved all the repect in the world they are vitims. I drive and have driven both in the U S. and D.R. Its against the law in both places, except in DR your so called car insurance is a pre-paid law service, that why its so easy to get out of a drunk driving tank. I have never been hit by a drunk so far, but been hit by a wrong way-bad driver head on. Responsibility of ation is the issue.