A story to tell

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
I hope i dont offend the powers at DR1 but i have a ongoing journey to tell that may give our members some insight to the Dominican magic. Some members have stumbled on to the websight because i did not know how to start a thread here(kinda slow). Im not selling or advertising just telling my 7 year journey to DR. The sight is [URL="/URL] Perfectlyinperfect. I hope my experiences helps someone.

Jax

Last edited by a moderator:

Ex-Canuck

Dec 30, 2010
So I read your blog beginning to end, which is unusual for me because I am not really a reader. But what happened after 12 days to go? whats the rest of the story????

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Good blog, so sad about Jax and Jill. Why $5,000?????? Sounds like a ridiculous amount to me. Was it due to the breed?

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
So I read your blog beginning to end, which is unusual for me because I am not really a reader. But what happened after 12 days to go? whats the rest of the story????

I retire to DR from Miami and thanks for reading. And continue to write from the otherside.

Jax

Last edited:

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
Good blog, so sad about Jax and Jill. Why $5,000?????? Sounds like a ridiculous amount to me. Was it due to the breed?

Yes! you nailed it,the breed. In South FL many breeds such as Shepherds,Dobermans,Rotweilers and many more are classfied in a certain catagorie that makes it necessary that you put them on homeowners insurance. All this info is not common knowledge to dog owners until they get into trouble. Thank you for giving me the chance to put that info out there because it may help a pet owner.

Jax

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Yes! you nailed it,the breed. In South FL many breeds such as Shepherds,Dobermans,Rotweilers and many more are classfied in a certain catagorie that makes it necessary that you put them on homeowners insurance. All this info is not common knowledge to dog owners until they get into trouble. Thank you for giving me the chance to put that info out there because it may help a pet owner.

Jax

If any of your friends have dogs with a fence, the thing to do is have a small concrete footer the length of the fence to keep the dogs from digging under the fence.

"R"

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Great blog... I hope you are coming more to retire and enjoy life though. I hope you find the happiness you are seeking. Be careful.. you gave the woman everything once, and she left.. I realize the US isn't for everyone, but if the reason she came was for love.... Well you know what I'm saying. Keep your eyes open and be prepared to go out on your own if need be.. make sure she's not just calling you because money is tight.. Your blog was very honest, and funny to see things through the eyes of others. You let us see that through your blog. Keep writing and sharing.. you could help others going through it..

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
Great blog... I hope you are coming more to retire and enjoy life though. I hope you find the happiness you are seeking. Be careful.. you gave the woman everything once, and she left.. I realize the US isn't for everyone, but if the reason she came was for love.... Well you know what I'm saying. Keep your eyes open and be prepared to go out on your own if need be.. make sure she's not just calling you because money is tight.. Your blog was very honest, and funny to see things through the eyes of others. You let us see that through your blog. Keep writing and sharing.. you could help others going through it..

Thanks for reading and your comment, I will.

Jax

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
I'm not sure why we can't see your blog, but we can see Matilda's blog. Or is Matilda's no longer available?

Rules are rules and i believe in following them,thats why i asked in my first post. Sorry DR1 i didnt know Thank you.

Jax

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
The rules were made clear to me. You can post your blog on DR1 if it is DR related and if it does not contain any advertising. I have turned down several requests for advertising so I can continue to post my blog as several DR1 ers enjoy it. Jax I enjoyed yours too, so I hope the powers that be check the rules and reinstate your blog.

Matilda

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Matilda that is unbelievable! Most good blogs these days have adverts and yours is excellent - why should you have to turn down that opportunity?

I don't think it should stop it from being promoted on DR1, but if that really is the case, FTS! The DR1ers who really want to follow it can bookmark it or subscribe the the feed or follow the Facebook or Twitter updates for new post alerts.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Found it..Enjoyed it very much..Looking forward to reading more of your adventures. It is enjoyable reading these blogs like yours and Matilda's. Seeing life in the DR through another set of eyes.