It is COLD

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
even for the hammock on the balcony.. too cold for the pool

almost even too cold for flip flops

i am searching for my socks

tell me this will end soon? tell me it is really cold and I am not just become a very thin blooded West Indian.. like the Puerto Ricans who will not swim in the winter.

what is going on?

and how cold is it?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
In Jarabacoa this morning it was 16 celcius with a cool, cool wind blowing. It warmed up a little during the day to about 22. Actually a very pleasant day with no humidity.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
It's GLOBAL WARMING... LOL at least that's what the media says every time we get a warm spell, or any other weather anomaly here. I just figure that they would have some pretzel logic to explain how a cold spell in the tropics is caused by Global Warming. Let's all call Al Gore and find out.

even for the hammock on the balcony.. too cold for the pool

almost even too cold for flip flops

i am searching for my socks

tell me this will end soon? tell me it is really cold and I am not just become a very thin blooded West Indian.. like the Puerto Ricans who will not swim in the winter.

what is going on?

and how cold is it?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
ok 16 celcius .. is 60F.. where I still live... in fareghnit or whatever since i am far too old to convert to metric.. I just used to keep saying hummmm 24 degrees

ok,., it is 70 degrees here in SD. i checked

now i am motived to really find those socks

thank goddess i got the hot water tank fixed

and now i am going to shut all the louvers...

ok
the bananas make you happy
but maybe a bit dumber

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
You guys are real funny..........have you forgotten what REAL cold is?? Come up where I live, and don`t forget your snowshoes!!;)

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Sorry but I am loving it and saving on the AC to boot.

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
Today morning I had to shovel my car from snow. And after work I quess I'll have to do it again.
Still a couple of weeks to suffer and wait for the nice temperaturs in DR.

Greetings from Europe.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Cold = I can wear sleeves without suffocating, we sleep without fans but still only need sheets.

The only experience I've had of winter in this century was two years ago when we went home over Christmas and New Year. It only gets cold in the south of Spain about a couple of weeks a year so many houses do not have central heating. Our visit coincided with those two weeks and it was colder in the house (which was designed for hot weather) than outside. Getting dressed, showering, etc. was an act of extreme valour. I now understand why frequent bathing does not come naturally to Europeans.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Suck it up. It was -20F in Northern NY State a couple of weeks ago. That is cold. How cold is it. It is so cold that you get major shrinkage just by thinking about it.

LTSteve

Chennifer

Oct 18, 2008
Moves to the D.R this summer
Sitting here in Gothenburg, with -3 celsius/ 27 f, I am very very jealous of your cold! But then I guess that if you've lived in that climate for a time, sooner or later you'll get used to the heat! We're still months away from moving down to the DR, and I just don't understand why I keep torturing myself with going on this forum to read about how hot it is there! ;)

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Well, it is kind of cold for dominican standards. I don't know how low it's been, but for the first time in 12 years I felt compelled to turn off the fan in the middle of the night. I've been sleeping without A/C for at least 2 months now. If you asked me, I would say it's been around 14-15 degress celcius (around 59-60 F) in Santo Domingo near 5am, not that I get up to check the thermometer.
Whatever it is, it's been weird. Google weather is off by a lot. During the weekend, it read 9 degrees C at 5:30 am. I know it wasn't that cold, but cold enough to throw off Google's thermometer. :nervous:

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
There is a cold front passing through and is likely to stay cold for a bit. At the moment it is colder than usual with temperatures dropping to 14 degrees in Santiago when last year for example on the same day the lowest was 18 degrees. This is what I have to resort to in the mornings.

mkdnye.jpg

Matilda