• Thread starter Prof. Tiberius Mineola
  • Start date

Hippolito to repeal Ancient Law!! [long]

P

Prof. Tiberius Mineola

Pres. Hippolito Mejia today proposed to the Chamber of Deputies that La Republica repeal the law of gravity, effective Dec. 1, 2001. According to Hippolito, repeal of this 50,000 year old law would give an incredible boost to tourism; La Republic would be the only island the the Caribbean where vactioning foreigners could float, instaead of walking or riding in vehicles. Hippolito said that the total energy costs to the country would be reduced approx 80%, beacuse vehciles would use less gasoline by hovering & floating, rather than having to endure & overcome costly friction by passing over roads. The Zona Franca would also benefit because raw materials & finished goods could be towed in mid-air by barges & helicopters.

The only additional costs to the country will be the purchase of 65 tons of ankle & waist weights; so that people would not float out of control several miles into the atmosphere. Hippolito added that his brother-in-law has been granted an exclusive franchise to import & sell all needed ankle & waist weights.
A reporter asked if repeal of this ancient law would mean there would be electricity throughout the country 24 hours per day; Hippolito responded that the question was impudent & insulting & refused to answer it.

M

Matt

Another one of your great posts Proffesor. I got this one. Unfortunately, on my recent visit to the DR I experienced first hand the repeal of this LAW. I visited the BRUGAL factory in POP and upon exxiting, I enjoyed that "floating" feeling until late afternoon. Matt