Sad news. The Ola internet (Tekcom) guy died, drowned in Encuentro :((

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Damn how this could happen! Finaly we had great fast internet and here come bad news that Evelio drowned day before yesterday. This is just so sad. I wonder who will take over that internet service and if we still will have it on same conditions as Evelio gave us... It just doesnt make sense that he went for a swim at 6pm alone in the dangerous beach like encuentro, seems like a murder to me.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Very sad indeed that you might not have your fast internet service anymore....I'm sorry for you.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
I didn't take long for somebody to give a typical DR1 answer, didn't it Mauricio.

I express my condolences to the family and especially to the widow of Evelio.

And yes, I too am worried to loose a VERY GOOD Internet Provider. I don't see why the two can't go together for you.

Acira

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I didn't take long for somebody to give a typical DR1 answer, didn't it Mauricio.

I express my condolences to the family and especially to the widow of Evelio.

And yes, I too am worried to loose a VERY GOOD Internet Provider. I don't see why the two can't go together for you.

Acira
I was reacting on the OP...

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Evelio was a very nice man, and I think the circumstances, as I understand them, was not swimming alone at 6 pm. That aside he will be greatly missed by all who knew him, in both the surfing community and for those who conducted business with him
My condolences to his family and friends.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
@ mauricio, I dont think the OP meant she only felt sorry for the internet side of this sad story. But then I understand it could be a little bit shocking at first reading :)

jaiallen

Jul 9, 2010
Bummer man.... He was a cool dude. Always had a smile , a drink in one hand and a chick on one arm.... ( usually surfing with one )

Last edited:

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Im cold hearted i guess sorry. My financial stability completely depends on reliability and speed of internet, so im sorry but i care first about my future, thats why i sounded like that, im shocked. Evelio was a great guy and we had him in our house a few times, he was always eager to help and resolve any issue, we were ones of his first clients and i recomended him everywhere i could. I just spoke with him on the phone last week... Im really sorry for what happened to him, this is crazy... R.I.P.dear Evelio.

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
OMG! I'm in shock! I was one of Evelio's first clients way back when....awesome man and a dedicated professional. RIP my friend.

loving602

Jan 17, 2013
jessica- I am jennifer, I am Evelio's daughter- so u have any more information on my dad's passing

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Encuentro is not an especially dangerous beach. Unusual for an experienced surfer to die like that unless he was struck and knocked unconscious by his board. Was he swimming or surfing-anyone know?

loving602

Jan 17, 2013
I would like to thank all who has showed concerned and care for my father Evelio Oliva- I am his daughter. My father will be missed by alot of people

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The news article indicated that an autopsy would be performed. The results could give additional details about the cause of death.
Sorry for you loss.
Cris Colon

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
FWIW, this was posted by someone who knew him and is very involved with the surf scene at Encuentro... in the Facebook Group "Playa Encuentro - Encuentro Libre"

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/59527172982/?fref=ts

"I was not there but it happened surfing the afternoon session today on the right, something happened to him in the water, he mentioned not feeling well - never made it out / now he will always be there with us!"

To his family and other loved ones, I'm very sorry for your loss, he will surely be missed.