Dominicans owing money and leaving the country

Ex-Canuck

Dec 30, 2010
2 quick questions:

I was told that dominicans who are in the fiscal (credit bureau) are not allowed to leave the country. Does anyone know the truth behind this?

Also I was told from a co-worker that owing money to a company like Orange would not put you in the fiscal?
So if you owe money to Orange, can you leave the country? and can they put you in the fiscal for that?

Many thanks in advance

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
As far as i know a?n 'impedimento de salida' can only be imposed by a judge, not by a credit bureau.

Phone bills do show up in data credito. I recently checked my own record in data credito and my phone bill, only being a few days late was in there. But then again, phone companies or credit bureaus have no authority to not let you leave the country.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If this were true that any Dominican owing money cannot leave the country half of the airlines would close up.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
As far as i know a?n 'impedimento de salida' can only be imposed by a judge, not by a credit bureau.

Phone bills do show up in data credito. I recently checked my own record in data credito and my phone bill, only being a few days late was in there. But then again, phone companies or credit bureaus have no authority to not let you leave the country.

How did you do that? What was the cost if you don't mind me asking? Looking at the website it looks like you actually have to go into one of their locations.

Servicios para los Ciudadanos - Data-Crdito - El Bur de Crdito Lder

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
I know a guy, a doctor that owes over a million DOLLARS and leaves the country when ever he wants to. People hate me and are looking for him yet he comes and goes at will.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I know a guy, a doctor that owes over a million DOLLARS and leaves the country when ever he wants to. People hate me and are looking for him yet he comes and goes at will.

People hate you, are you the doctor's friend or sumting????

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If you owe the bank $10,000 dollars, they have you by the balls!
If you owe the bank a million dollars, you have THEM by the Balls!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Ex-Canuck

Dec 30, 2010
Thanks for the info, I feel much better now. Even more so due to the fact that Orange admitted their error and corrected
the ridiculous amount of money they alleged my wife owes.

redserge

Jan 30, 2011
Criss it is like the expression, you murder 1 person you are a killer, you murder 20 people you are a serial killer but you murder 10,000 people and you are a politician!

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Legally, exit restrictions ("impedimentos de salida") can only be applied to persons accused of having committed a crime. The preventive measure must be requested by the District Attorney in charge of the case (Law #200 of 1964).

There have been occasions, however, when through influence in high circles, bribes or ignorance, “impedimentos” have been put in place illegally for non-criminal behavior, such as debts, etc. Since imprisonment for debt was abolished more than a century ago, being a debtor does not make you a criminal.