4 day NOT easy horse ride.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I've been thinking about this for some time and have made some progress while I work out some details. A couple of other threads brought back my desire to get out and do MORE things. Explore. See. Be challenged. Do. Meet others and enjoy them.

I'm hoping to get a ride together in March. I have three good horses with myself and my main man Amado on two of them. We have an extra horse. We hope that a Dominican friend, shoes our horses and a trainer, will join us with his horse and perhaps a buddy of his with their horses. We still have an extra horse for a good rider that knows how to rough it.

This will be on the north coast. Several hours of riding everyday, resting and having coffee at some farm or house while the horses rest then moving on a few hours more. Finding a farm/ranch/house to camp out at during the night. Gathering "hay" for the horses for night feeding with our machetes before we eat via campfire. Horses are number ONE.

This will be an adventure. It will take work and personal commitment with teamwork. It will take us outside of the comfort zones of tourists and into areas that many don't experience.

Expenses are what you will need and the GROUP agrees that you can bring that your horse can carry, using my horse or not, we will have to share loads on each horse for all.

IF you have your own horse....... GREAT. We will work together as a team to equip, load and learn as a team.

OH... experienced riders only. Our horses are well trained but the trail will be difficult.

Anyone interested?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I can;t sign up for three day trip.. or anything.. since it has been years since i have been riding. But would love to hook up with some riding around Santo Domingo.. I know it exists. Maybe with practice.. it would be SO cool to go from Elias Pina to Dajabon on horseback..but i am probably confined to the paddock and the easy trails now....GREAT idea.

I know that there is some high end riding in Las Terrenas. French have brought some very fine horses up there.. have seen them gallup down Punto Poppy in the early mornings.

Ah. imagine.. :Las Terrenas to El Valle.. Playa Rincon

be still my ecotouristica heart

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
This is a fabulous idea! I so do hope you can put it together. I guess 60 years (at least) since I ever rode for more than an hour!

Friends of mine do long rides along the Septentrional Mountains. They lend themselves to this sort of thing. And Rocky and some of the bikers know where the back trails are. I so envy this trip...

Best wishes for a successful adventure...what a wonderful idea!!

HB

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That sounds like fun Ringo..... not for the weak or faint of heart........ but fun.

It's my best sport, but I haven't ridden for years.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
This is a fabulous idea! I so do hope you can put it together. I guess 60 years (at least) since I ever rode for more than an hour!

Friends of mine do long rides along the Septentrional Mountains. They lend themselves to this sort of thing. And Rocky and some of the bikers know where the back trails are. I so envy this trip...

Best wishes for a successful adventure...what a wonderful idea!!

HB

Nice to have you home HB. Could you be specific where the Mountains are, where they ride and for how long of a ride? If they do overnight type I might be interested in trailering down to join them. Perhaps a PM with contact information? Thanks.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
That sounds like fun Ringo..... not for the weak or faint of heart........ but fun.

It's my best sport, but I haven't ridden for years.

My wife and I had not been on a horse for about 35 years when we decided to buy a couple and do it. It took NO time at all to get comfortable. Then I had to remember things and learn new things as I had to re-train them.

If you are seriously interested ww, come on over and lets get you in the saddle again as a try out. ?? :)