Has anyone used the storage facility in Sosua?

pinyon

Jan 17, 2012
I am wondering about costs and any good or bad experiences to share about the storage facility in Sosua?
Thanks.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Place is well run by Richard. Not sure of the current prices, but they should be fair. And it is safe there.

dqamllc

Nov 9, 2011
There are actually two storage facilities in Sosua. The first one that opened up is called Sosua Self Storage and the other is called Modern Self Storage. Modern Self Storage is the newer one of the two. I first used the first one over a year ago to store my vehicle. Then I found out about the new one and made a visit. I was quite impressed as it was indeed Modern just like the name says. Modern for Sosua and the D.R. that is, which can be a big plus for any business in any location here in the D.R. Made me feel more comfortable storing my valuables here while away.

I now only use and recommend the newer more modern storage facility. They even accept payments via their Bank of America account if you find yourself back in the US and you can communicate with them on Skype, which can also be quite convenient while away. Their website is Modern Self Storage?|?Dominican Republic

Check it out.

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
Rented a lot at the facility of Richard near the Ancla a few years ago.
Also once had a car there, had a flat tyre and it was already fixed when I came back (did not ask them to fix it).
Overall impression was very good: serios and secure, the owner is well aware about how bad the guys around are.
Price was OK.
Highly recommended.

Alexander

May 29, 2006
Whatever you use, get a decent, hardened lock. Most locks in the DR can be defeated with a rock or cut through in a minute or two with a hacksaw. A well made hardened lock is VERY tough. I had to cut through once and with a grinder it took a good half hour and it made a huge amount of noise.

071649236303lg.jpg

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
Cool info. During my research about moving to DR i saw these facilities but never any post on them.

Jax

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
I've used Richard's storage for many years and never had a complaint! He's been living there for many years and knows how things work down there. He's been around for a while so he must know what he's doing because Sosua is infamous for people and businesses "coming & going".

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
I haven't been there for a few years now, but I also used Richard's place for a couple of years. No problems. Price and service was good. He seemed like a honest guy. I would definitely use them again.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Modern Storage is hands down #1 first quality , secure , and excellent price .the people are very nice too

We used Sosua Self Storage for 3 months. It was safe and secure as in all our stuff was still there and the guys were nice but our stuff was all moldy. It was cooled down with some old shady looking fans. I think it was $35 or $40 a month. We were actually looking for Modern Self Storage but went to the other one instead. They are very close to each other. I would choose Modern for sure, it looks more like the storage places in the US and Canada.