What is the new medical exam like?

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
Has anyone taken the medical exam recently? I've been reading things like the nurse will watch during the urine test.

Most importantly, what about the chest x-ray? Is there any protection provided for the genital area during the x-ray?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
You enter a cabin but you aren't allowed to close the door shut and she will be close nearby but not watching directly over your shoulder.

X-ray: Yes, protection is provided.

Feb 7, 2007
They do X-rays in a Clinica (haha buscones, they must have some juicy contract with Migracion, because Xray dept waiting room was all full of foreigners) on Indipendencia exactly one block away from Maximo Gomez. The equipment was quite modern, GE brand. Did medical last December.

And yes the nurse in Migracion will leave the door open but after she heard I started peeing she semi-shut the door. Anyway, with my back towards her and pants pulled up only the zipper down, I didn't feel awkward at all.

They do X-rays in a Clinica (haha buscones, they must have some juicy contract with Migracion, because Xray dept waiting room was all full of foreigners) on Indipendencia exactly one block away from Maximo Gomez. The equipment was quite modern, GE brand. Did medical last December.

And yes the nurse in Migracion will leave the door open but after she heard I started peeing she semi-shut the door. Anyway, with my back towards her and pants pulled up only the zipper down, I didn't feel awkward at all.

I had my X-Rays done in a trailer behind the Migraci?n building, this was in March of 2012, and they offered protection for the groin (a lead apron). The urinalysis went as described above. It took 10 months for my residency to go through, I finally got it last month, January 2013.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005

Same experience for me back in October 2012.

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
Thanks for sharing your experiences. Can anyone remember how long the medical exam takes, from the time you showed up until the time you left the X-ray center? I'm sure this can vary, but any ballpark figures would be appreciated. I have a lawyer so I don't know if that might expedite things a bit.

Feb 7, 2007
Doing all the paperwork alongside (fingerprints, etc.) about 2 - 2.5 hours. It also depends, on how fast you can get from Migracion to the Clinica.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Did mine in December 2012.
Waited 1hr to get the urine and blood test at immigration.
Drove to the clinic to get my chest x-ray, 10 min wait.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Mine was done in November on a Friday - bad day to go. Medical wait was almost 2 hours; Xray was 5 minutes. Lady listened for me to pee and walked past once and then ignored me.
When I went back to get the test results (mid week) there were no people waiting to be taken. Avoid Mondays and Fridays.

bobsimmons

Oct 14, 2009

I thought it was going to be more close up and personal than that. I am glad to hear that she does not watch with a magnifying glass !!!