A bar for expats in Sosua

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
How about this for a novel concept for a bar in Pedro Clisante....

No loud music.
No chicas, apart from the pretty barmaids.
Friendly relaxing lounge atmosphere.
Cheap drinks.
Friendly staff.

The bar used to be called the Cuba Libre bar opposite the hotel Colibri right at the end of Pedro Clisante. It's recently undergone a change of management and a renovation and is now called "The Pub"

I think it will be a success as a regular pub for expats, lets hope so!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
How about this for a novel concept for a bar in Pedro Clisante....

No loud music.
No chicas, apart from the pretty barmaids.
Friendly relaxing lounge atmosphere.
Cheap drinks.
Friendly staff.

The bar used to be called the Cuba Libre bar opposite the hotel Colibri right at the end of Pedro Clisante. It's recently undergone a change of management and a renovation and is now called "The Pub"

I think it will be a success as a regular pub for expats, lets hope so!

Fred kept his chicas when he "sold" the place I guess?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It is a nice quiet part of town. I liked this place when Fred had it to go watch a game and have a few drinks. The Putas were polite there and never bothered you unless you wanted to be bothered.

Fred has been wanting to sell it for awhile now.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Beeza ,
Alex never learns - he screwed up the Meeting Point - AKA old Camp Bar and now he is trying it again at the pub! LOL

We will give it a few weeks! Ha Ha

We certianly would not go there and I am surprised Robert lets you "advertise" like this!
Olly and the Team

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Beeza ,
The Team have told me it should have been REX not Alex!

Olly and the Team

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Beeza ,
Alex never learns - he screwed up the Meeting Point - AKA old Camp Bar and now he is trying it again at the pub! LOL

We will give it a few weeks! Ha Ha

We certianly would not go there and I am surprised Robert lets you "advertise" like this!
Olly and the Team
How did he screw up Meeting Point? Unless he was the one that insisted on selling Presidentes at 140.00 pesos when everyone else was at 80/90.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I don't see how you could call turning a derelict wasteland into a functioning bar, screwing it up!

Unfortunately it was tied to CMP who regulated the prices and ultimately the management which screwed it up.

"The Pub" is completely independent and Rex can charge his own prices, which are now on par with El Flow, but without the loud ear splitting reggaton.

The idea is that the Pub can be somewhere where regular expats can meet and actually TALK to each other over a cheap beer, have a game of darts and make new friends!

Why wouldn't you want to go Olly and the team?

Oh and it's not my bar so I don't benefit personally from giving it a boost. I would just like to give a helpful plug to a new enterprise which could actually benefit the regular expats, not tourists.

Fred is still around and his friendly face can still be seen there, but on the punter's side of the bar!

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
JD ,
You have hit it on the head as far as the Meeting Point is concerned - "concept of regular customers being the ones that "pay the bills", and if they're not comfortable, they're not staying long". REX upset the regulars who used to come to the previous bar at that location right at the openning of the Meeting Point by saying their "type" was not welcome!!! Word got around amongst that Expat community and nobody came to the Meeting Point any more!!!
I hope that answers you Eddy as well.

Olly