Buying Gold in Dominican Republic

satyachong

Jan 21, 2013
I am visiting Dominican Republic next month. I intend to buy a 100 gms 24 carat gold bar. Where should I look for gold in the Dominican Republic. I send an email to a jewelry shop in DR but he says he imports gold from outside. Two months back I was in DR but couldn't find it. This time if it is available I don't want to miss it

May 5, 2007
Why is it people think the are going to find some type of "deal" in the DR or Chad even? Gold prices are fixed the world over

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Make sure you take your nitric acid with you. Jewellers or gold sellers sell their gold by weight. They tried their luck with me once by trying to sell me a necklace with a largish cubit zircon embedded in it. He wanted to charge me for the stone in the equivalent weight in gold! Luckily I aint that dumb!

Oct 11, 2010
i have a broken gold chain which i want repaired

but i doubt that you are going be able to buy gold

it backs the peso

supposedly

Just about any jeweler should be able to fix your gold chain. If not try joyeria soler in Puerto Plata.

Plaza Las Americas in Puerto Plata will sell all the gold anybody wants.

The peso is not backed by gold.

May 29, 2006
I don't see why you would want to buy gold bullion in the DR. Gold is a marginal investment now IMHO since it tops out around $1800/ounce and then the market is flooded by jewelry buyers. If you are getting price quotes under $50/gram, I'd be very suspicious.

Tried to get my mom to buy gold back in 2008. Too late now!

satyachong

Jan 21, 2013
I don't see why you would want to buy gold bullion in the DR. Gold is a marginal investment now IMHO since it tops out around $1800/ounce and then the market is flooded by jewelry buyers. If you are getting price quotes under $50/gram, I'd be very suspicious.

Tried to get my mom to buy gold back in 2008. Too late now!

The price of Gold in DR is much cheaper than my country. And 24 carat gold has a good resale value. It doesn't have any import tax I even think of investing a good amount when I go back.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Just about any jeweler should be able to fix your gold chain. If not try joyeria soler in Puerto Plata.

Plaza Las Americas in Puerto Plata will sell all the gold anybody wants.

The peso is not backed by gold.

thanks but i am in the Capital

it was a bit tounge in cheeck about the pesos de oro which is what they say on the money. The discussion was from another thread//

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
thanks but i am in the Capital

it was a bit tounge in cheeck about the pesos de oro which is what they say on the money. The discussion was from another thread//

Are you waking and baking, or is this a residual effect form yesterday's trip?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
You are not going to get a "deal" in the DR. I would worry about buying a gold bar and transporting it around the DR. I would not trust the person you are buying from. You don't know him and he has your money.

LTSteve

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
Or Thailand!
CC
I once knew a jewish fellow from new york who came here and he told me he was going to make a fortune buying gold from the stupid campisinos . Saw him the next week and he told me the damm camposinos have radios tuned to the london gold exchange. He went home very unhappy.

dom

Jun 1, 2011
i buy refined pure silver, plata fina from a dude here in puerto plata for 41 rd a gramm.

about 1 us a gramm, which is the exact current market price worldwide.

satyachong

Jan 21, 2013
You are not going to get a "deal" in the DR. I would worry about buying a gold bar and transporting it around the DR. I would not trust the person you are buying from. You don't know him and he has your money.

LTSteve
I appreciate your point. It may be true.

BakDoc

Oct 23, 2019
Contact?

i buy refined pure silver, plata fina from a dude here in puerto plata for 41 rd a gramm.

about 1 us a gramm, which is the exact current market price worldwide.

Is there a contact for this dude? Whatsapp?