Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
pop the blister and drain it?

or cover and leave it?>

accident with the cafe press

on left forearm

not fatal

i will go to the clinic tomorrow and have the docs look at it

have been treating with aloe.. which works..

and destin. covering with zinc oxide

wrapped with a soft towel

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Been there from liquid nitrogen delivered by a dermatologist.

Do not pop it. Let it go down by itself. The blister skin will become part of the scab and the final healing will leave less scaring.

If you pop it, infection can occur because you'll have an open wound.

I found out the hard way years ago, and got about 20 from the dermatologist 3 weeks ago.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ha ha ha, derfish :)

MA, leave it be. you can buy a cream containing sulfadiazina de plata with lidoicaine. it will help with the pain and healing process. the blister will open by itself. just keep the area clean.
not trained but worked in a pharmacy.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Been there from liquid nitrogen delivered by a dermatologist.

Do not pop it. Let it go down by itself. The blister skin will become part of the scab and the final healing will leave less scaring.

If you pop it, infection can occur because you'll have an open wound.

I found out the hard way years ago, and got about 20 from the dermatologist 3 weeks ago.
i thought this.. that it would be like a blister on the foot which is always better if you can cover it without having it pop

thanks, team!

now we do a litt;e dr1 tp rescie again dance

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
Am medical trained. Do not pop or break open, risk of infection would be high. keep lightly covered wash gently with soap and water.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
put a pin whole in blister and drain and put anti-bacterial ointment on it . If blister is small cut away skin and put more ointment on and coverer it for a day and then let it air dry with ointment on it continuouly.

LTSteve