Sosua mail

MANGOS

Jul 24, 2012
Hi does anyone know of a mailing service that allows you to send letters to them so you can pick up in the Sosua area?
Were relocating and have a few letters that will be sent to us from Boca Chica...Thanks !

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Hi does anyone know of a mailing service that allows you to send letters to them so you can pick up in the Sosua area?
Were relocating and have a few letters that will be sent to us from Boca Chica...Thanks !

Do Caribe Tours or Metro go to Boca Chica?

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012

Try eps...if you have problems finding websight, pm me for more details

Jax

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Not that I'm aware...only to santo domingo

If one of them goes to SD, that is all you need. I have often sent envelopes and parcels by Caribe Tours and Metro than went to SD and put on another bus going to the desired destination.

For example, there is no Caribe Tours or Metro from Sosua to Samana but I have sent stuff to Samana that went first to SD then put on a bus from SD to Samana.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
there is a post office in sosua....ive not been recently but they used to allow you to rummage through a box, someone found junk mail for me once

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
there is a post office in sosua....ive not been recently but they used to allow you to rummage through a box, someone found junk mail for me once

Good point. Mailing it from Boca Chica to you Sosua address is another option. Lots of mail handled this way I know the office of the condo where I live gets mail from senders in the DR.

I would check out caribe tours and metro first, but if that doesn't work, talk with post master wherever you are now.

MANGOS

Jul 24, 2012
I will look in to all your options...I was thinking for it to be mailed straight there using normal but heard bad reports of normal mail service and don't want things going missing
failing that I'm sure there's a motoconcho guy out there somewhere with ambitions to be long distance courier :p

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012

Yeah...........I really want to know where that post office is.
Too damn funny.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
In that plaza across the street from Playero.

No,the post office is not across from Playero. To get to the post office, you go past Playero, past the Texaco station to the plaza on your left if going toward Cabarete. More or less across the street is a small supermarket. It used to be called Productos Sosua, but now, as I recall, it has a different name. But you will have no trouble recognizing it as a supermarket.

The store in the plaza where the PO is that is closest to the highway is a well-marked paint store. The post office is at the back end of the plaza.