Name and contact info for quality Furniture Stores?

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
Besides the IKEA store in Santo Domingo, are there any quality and reliable furniture stores to furnish a family home? We plan on furnishing a family home in Las Terrenas and realize this is a daunting task.

Please, nothing really too modern or abstract like www.ilumel.com in Santo Domingo.

Thank you!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Conforama" on 27 de Feb. in SD has a LOT of furniture.
Different levels of quality, and price, and countries of manufacture.
I had two friends who furnished an entire house in Juan Dolio with "Conforama" furniture.
They delivered and set up everything.
It looked great.
Don't forget that the "Price" is always very "Negociable"!
Don't ever be afraid you will look "cheap" if you haggle.
Better "Cheap", than Stupid!
If I were furnishing an entire house, I would go to Conforama.
If you lived here, spoke Spanish, and were Dominican "Street Smart" I would have it custom made here in "Caoba" wood.
Nearly indistructable, even by termites, and "maids"!
That's what I did.
15 years old, and still looks great!
CCCCCCCCCCris CCCcolon

JFD

Feb 10, 2010
Von doesn't have a street store anymore but they still have their San Cristobal factory and can make quality custom work.

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
Hi, all great responses!

Now if one was to buy "off the rack" - do you think all the stores in Santo Domingo offer at a cost, delivery way up to Las Terrenas?

Or, do we hire someone local with a truck? Obviously, the logistics can be daunting and worrisome especially if one doesn't know the driver personally... :alien:

Last edited:

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
My Spanish is decent, does anyone have a contact for reliable & quality-minded furniture maker in Las Terrenas or in Samana?

We may ultimately have to go this route if the "boss" doesn't go with some of the pre-made furniture in Santo Domingo.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Your best bet is to find a friend with a pick up truck and drive down the samana highway to SD

on the sides of the road going out to boca chica you will find all sorts of wicker and cane furniture which fits in with the ambiance of Las Terrenas.. upholsterd furnitue will not make it there as well.