The Wifely Babe and Her New Bike

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Alida is forever filling out sweepstakes forms, and occasionally plays the 10 peso lottery. We laugh about the new car she'll be winning any day.

Last week she went to pay for insurance and bought two raffle tickets. Tuesday morning she got a call to announce she had won a bike! I guess the drawing was on local TV because folks called her all day, some hinting they'd like to buy it...

So here she is on her new Jincheng CG150 machine:

IMG_0571Small_zps9153fb2f.jpg

It's not a bad bike at all. She asked for a white zero km. one-the one above has 132km. on it-and will pick it up today. I guess I have to suffer riding it home...:cheeky:

Now I have to teach her how to ride it. We asked if she could trade it for a clutchless model, and were told that would cost RD$13,000, so we'll stick with "free."

Congrats, Girl! Welcome to Motorcycle Mamahood!

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
@Cobra, what's your take on those CG's, they are quite popular here in Las Terrenas... Worth a try?

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
@Cobra, what's your take on those CG's, they are quite popular here in Las Terrenas... Worth a try?
Not the build quality of the Yamahammer YBE, but properly maintained should provide decent service.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Not the build quality of the Yamahammer YBE, but properly maintained should provide decent service.
My main concerns would be corrosion and thin chrome. I don't know how well it would hold up exposed to the elements. I'll keep it, minimally, in the carport and maybe get a cover. And I'll keep it lubed and cleaned, and wipe it down with an anti-corrosive like WD40.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
My wife won one very similar in Playero's lottery one Christmas a few years ago and you are spot on with corrosion issues and thin chrome. We kept it for a year and sold it to a friend who is still riding it around. Sosua. It tried to rust nearly everywhere.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
My wife won one very similar in Playero's lottery one Christmas a few years ago and you are spot on with corrosion issues and thin chrome. We kept it for a year and sold it to a friend who is still riding it around. Sosua. It tried to rust nearly everywhere.
The lack of salt air here in the mountains might help.

Alida says she might sell it for RD$32,000 cash. Even though it's brand new I think the clutch has her spooked.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you know, i can see alida on this bike, wearing a bucket over her head and a bright yellow chaleco with parada hotel jarabacoa printed on it.... :) :) :)