Somone hacked my kindle account

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
and ordered on line a couple of hundred dollars worth of dictionaires.

I swear I must have really upset some MAYAN with the string of events. Montezuma is certainly angry at this gringa. Must be a past life thing since I was always well behaved in Guatemala.

Have emailed Amazon and will post the results when they get back to me.

They did not wipe out the little account. Which I only use because I lost the American Express card.

don;t get me started

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
"cia"??????????????????????????????????
Cc

i am hoping that they do not need the greek english and russian english and chinese english dictionary

naw, i figure it is someone who reads DR1 and works at selling the credit cards to the Ukraine... and they figured i would not mind so much paying for dictionaries

cause I don't

how angry can I get over the theft of money for dictionaries_

i am a teacher, after all

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Does a kindle account not sell ebooks only? Sorry, I'm unsure how the kindle thing works, I only imagine the same as the apple store. If they were e-dictionaries then they wouldn't sell multiple copies to the same kindle, and if real books then surely they would cancel out when they saw the order was not going to your address? My apple account will not sell anything to another account. Confuzzled a little but I'm sure it will become clear.
Hope you get the cash back, shouldn't be an issue.

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
Hope you get the cash back, shouldn't be an issue.

Very true with Amazon. Just go to online chat with the customer service department and give them the order numbers and they will credit your account with no hassle. I deal with this every month or so when one of my kids downloads a pay movie/cartoon instead of the free ones from the prime account. Amazon has always given me credit even though the fault is ours, they are very lenient with their online content.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
the chat feature does not seem to be available from here. I sent Amaxon an email. The books were all downloaded the same day and clearly not the sort of books I order. I have never had anything except great customer service from Amazon so I am not worried. I removed my credit card from the account. I was going to use paypal which is very secure but it has been a few years since i used it and i have to fax them.. scan them, a copy of my social security or tax id number