Cabarete Advice

eltigre

Mar 23, 2008
I am planning on hitting Cabarete for a few nights in February.. I like the looks of the Milennium Resort/Spa... is this in a remote location or is it easy to go from here to the center of town and some local bars? Are there some local bars that arent full of tourists in this area as well? I speak fluent spanish so wont have a problem

Thanks

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
No

I am planning on hitting Cabarete for a few nights in February.. I like the looks of the Milennium Resort/Spa... is this in a remote location or is it easy to go from here to the center of town and some local bars? Are there some local bars that arent full of tourists in this area as well? I speak fluent spanish so wont have a problem

Thanks

Not in Cabarete on the main drag/beach.
Easy to walk everywhere, or take a moto/carro for cheap transport.
Head 10min. down the road to Sabaneta if you want locals.
Visit La Boca, the mouth of the Yasica River for a river/ocean swim.
Beach shack restaurant with grilled fish and shrimp and some tourists.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Friends of ours stayed twice at the Millenium, and were very happy with it. They already booked their next stay there.

BelgianK

jeff76

Dec 30, 2012
The Millennium is about a ten minute walk or 3 minute moto congo ride to the strip. I have been staying at this hotel the last few times in Cabarete and love it.

Jan 17, 2009
Correct. There is no way you can walk from Millennium to the center of town in 3 minutes. Of course, you can run ;-)

Beautiful building and from the pics of the rooms, very nicely furnished too.

The Millennium is about a ten minute walk or 3 minute moto congo ride to the strip. I have been staying at this hotel the last few times in Cabarete and love it.

The Creature

Mar 13, 2013
Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I am thinking of staying there in January. So far, I like what I have been able to find online.

Does anyone else here have any other feedback? Thanks.

DIESEL1

Dec 29, 2008
Great Hotel

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I am thinking of staying there in January. So far, I like what I have been able to find online.

I've stayed at this Hotel 5 or 6 times, the most recent being in May. My wife and I love this place. Beautiful pool, impeccable rooms. The restaurant facing the beach was not in service at the time but you're only a couple of minutes away from the strip.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete

I sent you a p.m. in reply to your previous posting which was closed due to people talking the usual BS. If you want any specific information or guidance before or after you arrive, feel free to contact me.