Is jail in the DR really like that?

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
These are both old articles.. Someone in the town I lived in in Enriquillio was in Najayo for murder. Spent 13 years there so far and has another 2 years. I don't know the person personally but overheard a conversation from the parents that in August (I think it was August, Maybe September) they changed some kind of laws about the Rich living good in Najayo. In the middle of the night they transferred their son to a prison in La Romana.. Because they could no longer live "the big life" in prison they were living. They told me this guy made friends with Mario Molina? Or something like that.. someone who had a lot of money in prison, and had a huge room, 42" TV and anything else you could imagine in the room. The son supposedly slept on the floor for the past 8 years. They were very close friends.

When the laws changed their son was switched to a new prison without his belongings. They also sent this guy to the SAME prison as Mario.. but again nothing not even a cell phone!! They are in for a RUDE awakening because honestly they had it made for being in prison. They were telling us that the guys are now wearing uniforms, and stripped of ANY belongings they had. They are both near to the end of their terms (Within 2 years the two of them) so they need to not create problems for losing everything or they can be forced to stay longer.

I couldn't believe the stories I heard.. Some prisoners owned businesses and stuff right there in prison. I guess it's not so bad to kill someone here.. well it wasn't but hopefully things are changing for the better.

vacanodr

Jun 10, 2012
These are both old articles.. Someone in the town I lived in in Enriquillio was in Najayo for murder. Spent 13 years there so far and has another 2 years. I don't know the person personally but overheard a conversation from the parents that in August (I think it was August, Maybe September) they changed some kind of laws about the Rich living good in Najayo. In the middle of the night they transferred their son to a prison in La Romana.. Because they could no longer live "the big life" in prison they were living. They told me this guy made friends with Mario Molina? Or something like that.. someone who had a lot of money in prison, and had a huge room, 42" TV and anything else you could imagine in the room. The son supposedly slept on the floor for the past 8 years. They were very close friends.

When the laws changed their son was switched to a new prison without his belongings. They also sent this guy to the SAME prison as Mario.. but again nothing not even a cell phone!! They are in for a RUDE awakening because honestly they had it made for being in prison. They were telling us that the guys are now wearing uniforms, and stripped of ANY belongings they had. They are both near to the end of their terms (Within 2 years the two of them) so they need to not create problems for losing everything or they can be forced to stay longer.

I couldn't believe the stories I heard.. Some prisoners owned businesses and stuff right there in prison. I guess it's not so bad to kill someone here.. well it wasn't but hopefully things are changing for the better.

It is called corruption and it happens all over the world. Prisoners buy anything they want in prison. No justice is served really. They get off with a high life in prison due to political connections or money.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Who do you contact to become a vendor.....?

I am sure there must be a meals on wheels program !

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
They haven't got money to pay for it. They do favors for others to survive.
The vendors to those that have money are the officials. You're dead if you interfere.
In the U.S. they send their favorites to Eglin AFP in Florida and the like. Think Colson.