My trip on 01-20-2013 to Santiago D.R/ PLEASE READ!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSimmons

Dec 25, 2012
Hello everyone. I mentioned on a earlier post I was headed to Santiago D.R to meet a lady I met three years ago online at LatinAmerican Cupid. Im back and my vacation was amazing. First off I met a young lady (25 years old) on line three years ago online (red flag). After several several months she asked me to help her out with rent,food, and wanted to go to school to learn and speak english (red flag, red flag, and red flag!!!). I just came out of a divorce and was very bitter. I sent money (not much but when the rate is 40RSD to 1USD its alot). I purposed to her and she accepted and was very excited. After listening to family and friends I was convinced she was a female internet scammer and I pulled the plug immediately! She was devasted after telling her family and preparing to marry me. After 3 years ( now she is 28) I called her to wish her a happy birthday after the way things happened before was weighing on my heart. She accepted my apology and said she still loved me. So I decided to take a chance on love and flew out there. She met me at the airport and took me to her house and perpared my favorite dish Sanocho and rice. Then she showed me every receit from three years ago that she had which was school receits, marriage application, rent receits, wedding dress, invitations, and car rental. Then I went to Monti Cristi to meet her grandmother. Her grandmother thanked me for taking care of her grandaughter and sending her to school. My fiance speak english better then me and I have a B.A!! So all of my red flags where silver lined blessings. I am going back March 20th,2013 to marry my heart and soul. My fiance and her family really took care of me.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Your going to marry someone you met once?

To quote CC from one of your last posts............."My advice, "Back Out" AGAIN!"

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Good luck and I hope everything works out for the two of you.

What she has done in those three years does seem very good.
Even though it has been 3 years, it may be wise to get to know her in person better before the marriage date.

Again, good luck to the two of you.

"R"

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Good luck and I hope everything works out for the two of you.

What she has done in those three years does seem very good.
Even though it has been 3 years, it may be wise to get to know her in person better before the marriage date.

Again, good luck to the two of you.

"R"

Wise words. I would say 8 out of 10 Dominican women are "mainly" in it for economic reasons. Propose to her that you will renounce your US citizen ship and become a Dominican citizen to see how she reacts.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
King S why not just enjoy your life as a single male? You really think this woman sat around thinking of her knight in shinning armor for three years?

There is a lot a man can find enjoyment in, like the new 2013 Porsche Cayman comes out in the spring, think of all the soul mates you find with that bad boy!!!

Marrying this Dominican woman over marrying the Cayman is a choice I hope you do not regret later in life because their is nothing your future wife in Santiago can give you that the Cayman can't. Your Cayman speaks a universal language that everyone understands men and women just turn her on and punch the gas and Dominicans from Eskimos will understand what your Cayman is trying say.

King S if you take the advice of yours truly and engage to be married to a 2013 Porsche Cayman S instead of a woman posting fotos on a website called Latin love or whatever it is called something great will happened to you:

A little boy one day will come up to you and say" Mister Mister you need to take your car to the hospital because that car is SICK!!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
MODS - Please Do Not put this in Mars & Venus section, this is CLOWN BIN material, or Dirty Sock Drawer.

Dec 26, 2011
My fiance speak english better then me and I have a B.A!!

1. After reading your post, I believe you.

2. How did you obtain a B.A. with such a poor command of English?

I digress...

Girl sounds great. Just don't marry her yet. Go visit her several more times. If she gets anxious tell her true love waits. Enjoy her. Let her enjoy you. See what you fight about. A little fighting's good. Work on your Spanish and your English, while you're at it.

Good luck!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I came here first time in 1986.
The Dominicanas, blew me away! "Now, Now!"
And "Screwed" me away to.
I moved here in 1995, worked married, and am raising a family here today.
I can tell you, I have been through what you are going through MANY times, with many Dominicanas.
If you go ahead with this relationship, or any other "Online", esp."Latin Cupid", every whore I ever met is on Latin Cupid, long distance, visit once in a while, dream of her moving to the USA to be "Happy Ever after" with you, "IT AIN'T NEVER Going To Happen"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have seen it too many times. On DR1 there are many stories of the "failures" of these "Relationships"???????
And we never hear about 90% of the failures, both men, and women, because they are too embarrased to post.
You will not listen to any of the advice given here on DR1, because as you post, you must be like a bull, attracted to "Red Flags"!
Ask yourself, how long after I got here, did we have sex?? (Notice I Didn't say "Make LOVE",cause that ain't going to happen in this relationship. You may fall in "LUST", and she will "Love" your money, "NADA MAS")
Believe me, WE ain't nothing special, so if she gave "IT" to you, get in line!
Please keep us posted.
Even though we will have seen your future played out here MANY times over the years.
I love to be able to say, "We Told You So!""
If it is soooooooooooooooooooo bad,you ask, why did I marry a Dominicana, and choose to make a life here in the DR????
Well, I volunteered to stay in Vietnam 3 times, I must be "NUTS"!
If anyone here tells you to go ahead with your plan, it's because, They Are TOO!
Cris Colon
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Of course they took care of you and you will take care of her and her family for the rest of your life. Where are you planning on living? How often are you coming to the DR? You sound like you have jumped into the ring and now you will have to face the bull. Good luck. You will need it.

LTSteve

nordique

Apr 6, 2012
this is my opinion ,we're all live once and learn from our mistake,sometime the mistake is a huge and devastating, hard to swallow but if she makes you feel good being with her than go as your heart tell you ,even though there's some strong advice you to do not go in that relation.life is a gambling 50/50 ,so enjoy the ride and i wish you a happy ending.;)

Dec 26, 2011
I read it from badpiece, Berzin, Hillbilly and others and it makes sense and it's in keeping with my experience:

Just how crucial it is to have mutual language comprehension and meaningful communication.

Not as a guarantee for success. Rather as a starting point.

All healthy couples fight and bicker, from time to time. What's the character of the disputes? How are they resolved? You ditched her for a while. She didn't resent that? Not even a little bit? Gave you no schit about it at all? Ask yourself lots of questions. Ask her lots of questions. If it's too easy, too cut and dry, something's probably wrong. But only you know that.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Men who propose to someone that they have never met or get a mail order bride usually have some sort serious antisocial issue. Not that she doesn't have issues of her own but she could easily end up in a life threatening situation.

Dec 26, 2011
Men who propose to someone that they have never met or get a mail order bride usually have some sort serious antisocial issue. Not that she doesn't have issues of her own but she could easily end up in a life threatening situation.

Chained to a radiator and eating dog food. I guess it happens.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
This guy is either VERY naive, has serious "Issues", is "Having Us On", or all three!
"Nordique", your advice is like wishing a guy jumping out of an airplane with no parachute,"Good Luck"!
He IS Not "Following his HEART, he is "Following his "DICK"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Been there, Done THAT!
Shed a lot of tears along the way!

bigwhiskey

Aug 29, 2010
Three tours Vietnam WELCOME HOME
I came here first time in 1986.
The Dominicanas, blew me away! "Now, Now!"
And "Screwed" me away to.
I moved here in 1995, worked married, and am raising a family here today.
I can tell you, I have been through what you are going through MANY times, with many Dominicanas.
If you go ahead with this relationship, or any other "Online", esp."Latin Cupid", every whore I ever met is on Latin Cupid, long distance, visit once in a while, dream of her moving to the USA to be "Happy Ever after" with you, "IT AIN'T NEVER Going To Happen"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have seen it too many times. On DR1 there are many stories of the "failures" of these "Relationships"???????
And we never hear about 90% of the failures, both men, and women, because they are too embarrased to post.
You will not listen to any of the advice given here on DR1, because as you post, you must be like a bull, attracted to "Red Flags"!
Ask yourself, how long after I got here, did we have sex?? (Notice I Didn't say "Make LOVE",cause that ain't going to happen in this relationship. You may fall in "LUST", and she will "Love" your money, "NADA MAS")
Believe me, WE ain't nothing special, so if she gave "IT" to you, get in line!
Please keep us posted.
Even though we will have seen your future played out here MANY times over the years.
I love to be able to say, "We Told You So!""
If it is soooooooooooooooooooo bad,you ask, why did I marry a Dominicana, and choose to make a life here in the DR????
Well, I volunteered to stay in Vietnam 3 times, I must be "NUTS"!
If anyone here tells you to go ahead with your plan, it's because, They Are TOO!
Cris Colon
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
the original post was a cry for help

I was truck by the multiple exclamation points in the subject line of the original post ("PLEASE READ!!!!"). I interpret as a way to sound more self assured than saying "PLEASE HELP!!!!"

This guy is either VERY naive, has serious "Issues", is "Having Us On", or all three!
"Nordique", your advice is like wishing a guy jumping out of an airplane with no parachute,"Good Luck"!
He IS Not "Following his HEART, he is "Following his "DICK"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Been there, Done THAT!
Shed a lot of tears along the way!

vacanodr

Jun 10, 2012
Hello everyone. I mentioned on a earlier post I was headed to Santiago D.R to meet a lady I met three years ago online at LatinAmerican Cupid. Im back and my vacation was amazing. First off I met a young lady (25 years old) on line three years ago online (red flag). After several several months she asked me to help her out with rent,food, and wanted to go to school to learn and speak english (red flag, red flag, and red flag!!!). I just came out of a divorce and was very bitter. I sent money (not much but when the rate is 40RSD to 1USD its alot). I purposed to her and she accepted and was very excited. After listening to family and friends I was convinced she was a female internet scammer and I pulled the plug immediately! She was devasted after telling her family and preparing to marry me. After 3 years ( now she is 28) I called her to wish her a happy birthday after the way things happened before was weighing on my heart. She accepted my apology and said she still loved me. So I decided to take a chance on love and flew out there. She met me at the airport and took me to her house and perpared my favorite dish Sanocho and rice. Then she showed me every receit from three years ago that she had which was school receits, marriage application, rent receits, wedding dress, invitations, and car rental. Then I went to Monti Cristi to meet her grandmother. Her grandmother thanked me for taking care of her grandaughter and sending her to school. My fiance speak english better then me and I have a B.A!! So all of my red flags where silver lined blessings. I am going back March 20th,2013 to marry my heart and soul. My fiance and her family really took care of me.

Ok, sounds nice. Just remember, there are hundreds of thousands of Dominican women on the island. Like 70 percent of them are scammers. Online, on sites like latin cupid like 98 percent of them are scammers. I have even been in the USA and in 3 relationships they all were scams where they wanted to marry me to get their green card. If you are going the online route; Facebook, badoo, myspace or something like that is better because they are not on there for marriage arrangements or to gold dig people. You could also meet people in person there it is very easy. In that culture all you have to do is talk to them and buy them a Presidente beer and they are yours in a lot of cases. Not hard at all. Some people are a genius and are in poverty. Just always remember in your head that is could all be a plan to leave the DR or stay in the DR and get money from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.