The riots have started

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I suppose it was only a matter of time. Riots outside PRD HQ on Luperon. One dead so far and several injured as the two factions of the party fight it out, smashing chairs, tearing down marquees and shooting each other. Is being shown on Dominican News channels and is being updated in all the on line Dominican press.

Matilda

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
With the "Billions" of pesos at steak there is little room for thought!
Like "amoeba", they are drawn to the "LIGHT"!
Gone mostly unnoticed, the PLD congress has authorized over 2 billion US in "LOANS".
One billion US, from international lenders, 43 billion pesos from internal lenders!
I think THAT STRAW could just about do in the DR economy.
They are trying to keep the peso at 40 to 1 but are failing miserably.
"C-mon 50 to 1!"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
With the "Billions" of pesos at steak there is little room for thought!
Like "amoeba", they are drawn to the "LIGHT"!
Gone mostly unnoticed, the PLD congress has authorized over 2 billion US in "LOANS".
One billion US, from international lenders, 43 billion pesos from internal lenders!
I think THAT STRAW could just about do in the DR economy.
They are trying to keep the peso at 40 to 1 but are failing miserably.
"C-mon 50 to 1!"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

those are not loans, CC. they are giveaways. there is no expectation of repayment. i see where they are speaking about microloans. i can just see every woman borrowing 500 dollars to set up a nail salon, and using the money to go to the hair salon.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
Not luperon. No riots. Just crazy miguel vargas and (yes) leonel fernandez people trying to stop democracy.

Not definite, but i don't think there is anyone dead either.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
wow thanks again DR1 i just called my foreign friends in the Zona and told them to take a cab to meet me at the pool.

she said.. ok.. because there is something going on in the square here

i said there is already one death and an attack on a journalist

she is italian.. perhaps they are inured. She said.. thanks a lot, chiao!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
apparently the person initially reported as dead is alive and stable, so far. the police identified several injured. apart from the journalist from la zeta one more representant of the media received a shot would, a camera man from CDN.