Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Low season for AI....

So when is the low season for AIs? Last year I think I paid like $2400 for group price for one to stay in Celusima. I know it's approaching, so when is the low season?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone will be able to give more specific dates, but I think low season is during the hurricane season - and now we are in the start of high season with all the snowbirds traveling down for visits.

3. Likes AnnaC liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe low season starts in May but plane fairs can be high during summer months, July Aug.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I find the best deals on travel during the week after New Years...

I once had a trip to Aspen for peanuts..... no lift lines, reservations = easy,,,,,

Same everywhere, very few people on the move.......

6. Likes bronzeallspice liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

You will see a drop in prices for AI's (or at least the ones I have looked at in Punta Cana for a family visit) starting around May 1. The prices stay lower from then until November or so. Some of the best prices are found late August and September. My family is going to visit again and will be staying in Punta Cana. The AI rate was good I think for a weeks stay but it is the airfare that is bad, especially from the Western US. There really are not that many decent "package deals" found from the Western US to DR or at least that I have not seen over the years.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, first two weeks in May I get the best deals. Also, as soon as school goes back in September, prices drop big time. We to away last week of November and we get great deals and the resorts are dead. December is back to full price again. After New Years, the 2nd week of Jan can be cheap too.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe one of my wife's friend, who is currently studying in Canada, wants to visit before she move back to Korea(I don't know when that will be.) I'll pass along the information now so she can plan things accordingly. I guess it would be cheap to book a flights in several months ahead? We will see how she plans it out.
    Thanks.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

about 90 days in advance is a good time for flight booking

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

High season is definitely through Easter week. After Easter is over you may see prices begin to drop.

LTSteve

12. Likes PeterInBrat liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

for us, we travel from canada.....the availability of flights in summer mean that although it is low season in summer, the cost may not be cheap.....supply and demand..........we find that the best bang for the buck is the two weeks in january following newyears........just returned from grand paradise samana jan 15th......hope that this helps, ......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast