looking to make some friends

devdev

May 14, 2011
Hi everyone! I am a 34 yr old Canadian woman living here in Dominican Republic. Although my husband has wonderful family and friends, I want to connect with other people who have moved to this country also, and maybe are finding it a lil lonely here. Even people to chat with on the pc who may be going through similar experiences- as its not exactly easy adjusting to a whole new country and culture! Looking forward to (hopefully) making a few new friends! :laugh:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i'm more or less your age and i have been here nearly 7 years. believe me, it only gets worse :)

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
no advertising other forums jrhartley, you know better

there is a chat room on this site that a few people go in after around 6-30pm, there used to be a chat room on this site but it went with the upgrade and never returned like the games that used to be here as well

Last edited by a moderator:

beyondnyc

Feb 23, 2012
There are plenty of expats on the island. In SD some of us meet up around the colonial zone for drinks. Where are you on the island?

Liong

devdev

May 14, 2011
thanks everyone!! so nice to get some replies! I live in Santo Domingo. Criss- I have lived here since last March, but have travelled to the island about ten times now. Dv8-hahaha lol! JR-thanks for the info! Liong-do you go on specific days or times?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Jack" many DR1ers are friends.
We see each other from time to time.
I had visit from a "Dr1er" last week.
Someone I hadn't seen for many years.
Next week, I will invite anyone in SD to meet for lunch, at a predetermined location.
By "Invite" I don't mean that "I PAY"! ;););)
I am suggesting "IKEA", since I live near there, and I want to finally try their famous meat balls!
Anyone interested???
Cris Colon

devdev

May 14, 2011
Jacki-that was kinda uncalled for, pls keep your negative comments to yourself! I'm sure there are people here who are looking for friends just like me- and when I say friends, I mean friends! not friends with benefits.... and thanks Criss!!! what day were you thinking about ikea?

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Too bad for me Criss! I will be heading back in the DR on Feb 9th otherwise I would've accepted
the invitation.Maybe next time,since I too live in Santo Domingo.

Last edited:

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
MissDev some of us choose to remain anonymous- specially helps in giving unbiased opinions, lol

IKEA sounds good, lets all hook up on Sunday Afternoon alongside the "wealthy" dominican families :)

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
Hi everyone! I am a 34 yr old Canadian woman living here in Dominican Republic. Although my husband has wonderful family and friends, I want to connect with other people who have moved to this country also, and maybe are finding it a lil lonely here. Even people to chat with on the pc who may be going through similar experiences- as its not exactly easy adjusting to a whole new country and culture! Looking forward to (hopefully) making a few new friends! :laugh:

Hi Dev,im Jax and im a Black American and im moving to DR as a retiree on Jan 31 Puerto Plata area from Miami.I blend in a lil better than most and I have been visiting the DR for 7 yrs. If you are ever in my area and need or want assistance pm me because im always on this sight.You can see what I look like atI hope we both succeed with our intergration.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
"Jack" many DR1ers are friends.
We see each other from time to time.
I had visit from a "Dr1er" last week.
Someone I hadn't seen for many years.
Next week, I will invite anyone in SD to meet for lunch, at a predetermined location.
By "Invite" I don't mean that "I PAY"! ;););)
I am suggesting "IKEA", since I live near there, and I want to finally try their famous meat balls!
Anyone interested???
Cris Colon

what kind of invitation is that?? Now I believe you have dutch ancestors. But I accept the "invitation"

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I'm thinking next Wed. at 1 pm.
I have never been to an "IKEA" in my life, but I imagine they sell their meatballs in some sort of "Cafeteria"!
I'll be they guy who looks like I left my "Will Work For Food" sign in the parking lot!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
DevDev, don't get upset when you get a "Smart A$$" response to a post!
That's how we keep ourselves from going "Nuts" down here!
Even I have been known to do it! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
rethink the meatballs plan in favour of other dishes they have. the balls are dry and shriveled from the heat of the lamps. not exactly the tastiest treat :)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The cafeteria is clean and cheap - well inexpensive suits some better.

Our friend got hit by the soup pot there..... of the 4 of us, only she dipped into the special pot ( of 2 )
She missed dinner, but lost some weight quickly....:eek:gre:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"dv", my "Balls" are shriveled from the heat here too.
But they are still "Tasty"!

"THAT's" what I'm Talk'n About "DevDev"!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
rethink the meatballs plan in favour of other dishes they have. the balls are dry and shriveled from the heat of the lamps. not exactly the tastiest treat :)

Oh........but the loganberry sauce is divine.:lick: