Iberoamerican University

D

Doug

Does anyone know anything about the Iberoamerican University? I am thinking about studying medicine there. Would like to hear from students or graduates.

Thanks

Doug

M

Med student

Hi, I am currently enrolled at Iberoamerican University (UNIBE). The program is rather solid. I have one question for you; do you speak spanish fluently? Fluency in spanish is very much needed in order to succeed at the local teaching hospitals. I will gladly help you. Send an e-mail. Peace

E

ECH, M.D.

The Med Student who responded is absolutely correct in that a good working knowledge of Spanish (not the same as fluency) is needed to interact with patients in the hospitals. Remember, the population speaks Spanish. Although basic science courses and most lectures are in English (in the English Program)it is required that you have a working knowlege of Spanish to continue into clinicals. UNIBE offers the medical students, free of charge, 5 semesters of Spanish in preparation for clinical (hospital) work.

J

Jules

If you intend to become a member of the medical community, you must start to restrain yourself from trendy language, i.e. PEACE!