Electricity grid merge with Haiti?

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
That had to be the most absurb comment that I've read in a long time. The Dominican Republic would merge it's grid with Haiti and then sell excess electricity to Haiti? The D.R. woefully cannot even meet the daily electricity demand for it's country.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Where electricity is paid for, there is usually light in the DR. Many blackouts are voluntary to force government to pay bills, but are officially classified as 'short on supply.' Others are technical problems, while in the summer you may have true blackouts due to short supply. If Haiti pays, and DR continues to increase supply, it may not be such a bad idea, as long as the grid lines to Haiti are made redundant in case of a 'technical' problem there, so it doesn't affect the DR.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I think it's just a "Publicity Stunt" for both countries.
The Dominicans can show how much they love their "Hermanos Haitianos", and the Haitians can show how hard they are working on their citizens behalf!
This is just another "Headline" that will soon disappear into nothing but a distant memory.
I did see that the Dominican government was purchasing 1,000 extension cords?????
CCCC