Samsung Galaxy S3. JIG OR JTAG

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I Have a dead Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 (SCH-I535) sitting here and it's completely dead. Since it isn't my phone and I didn't want to spend too much time on it. I just rooted it and flashed different ROM and radio to make the phone part of it working then I gave it to our resident Computer/Phone guy to see if he can get 3G data on. Of course, he completely denies it but I am 100% sure he bricked it by flashing wrong Galaxy S3 ROM to this phone.

Like I said it's bricked, It's sitting here with it's extra battery charging in external charger. Is there place where I can get JTAG(JIG) done on phone in anywhere in DR? I am not talking about who simply unlocks or install different ROMS, we've already had it sent out like 3 times. I am looking for someone with tools to open the phone up and direct JTAG it and flash original software. Is there shop that can do this?

Thanks.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Don't know anything about JTAG. So it doesn't even boot into recovery? How about into download mode? If you can get it to download mode then you should be able to flash a stock ROM via Odin and re-start from there. If you have questions on how to do that just go to XDA forum and do a search. There are tons of articles on how to do that.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Nope the phone is dead, I can't even get in to download mode. I charged the battery on external charger but it won't even power on. As of right now the phone is expensive paper weight sitting on top of my piles of paper. I had been searching on xda but it looks like jtag is only way.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I Have a dead Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 (SCH-I535) sitting here and it's completely dead. Since it isn't my phone and I didn't want to spend too much time on it. I just rooted it and flashed different ROM and radio to make the phone part of it working then I gave it to our resident Computer/Phone guy to see if he can get 3G data on. Of course, he completely denies it but I am 100% sure he bricked it by flashing wrong Galaxy S3 ROM to this phone.

Like I said it's bricked, It's sitting here with it's extra battery charging in external charger. Is there place where I can get JTAG(JIG) done on phone in anywhere in DR? I am not talking about who simply unlocks or install different ROMS, we've already had it sent out like 3 times. I am looking for someone with tools to open the phone up and direct JTAG it and flash original software. Is there shop that can do this?

Thanks.
Oh boy, either he flashed a GSM rom by mistake or simply bricked it via wiping the phone in stock kernal in recovery. The eMMC chip bug might have done the job. Since I have no s3 I am not sure if the eMMC bug applies to your phone. I have a feeling he flashed the international s3 rom by mistake.
I am not sure even if Jtag will even work in this case if the power is totally off.
Go to xda forums in Q& A forum
Verizon Galaxy S III Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting - xda-developers

start a thread asking if anyone in dominican repubic has a Jtag who can help you.
AZB