Notary Public for US certificates?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
In going through the process to replace all my documents from a recently stolen wallet, i need to have a notary stamped document that will be valid for the state of Rhode Island for my drivers license. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

I have all the documents needed but need to sign a request for a waiver of photo... that needs a notarize signature.

Shall i just go ahead and get it notarized with a Dominican stamp?

The sTate of RI says that they representatives on line to help but they do not. It is just an endless loop of press the key on the telephone. No humans evidently.

thanks.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
MA you can have any document notarized for use in the USA in the US consular building at Ave. Maximo Gomez.
Applicants must drop off their documents between 11:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. inside the Consular building at Ave. Maximo Gomez and Cesar Nicolas Penson Street. All applicants must pay the notarial fees at the Window 12 cashier, and return at 2:00 p.m. to pick up the notarized documents.

Consular officials at any U.S. embassy or consulate abroad can provide a service similar to the functions of a notary public in the United States. Notaries' services are available to all U.S. passport holders, and to foreign nationals with documents destined for use in the United States. Notaries' services include statements made under oath, affidavits, authentications and acknowledgements. For any of the above mentioned services, you must come in person. Applicants requesting notarial services need to bring the following documents:

A valid passport or other proof of identity
The document to be notarized
US$50.00 or Dominican peso equivalent for each notarial service requested, and US$50.00 or Dominican peso equivalent for each additional notarial service provided at the same time in connection with the same transaction. There is also a US$50.00 fee for each authentication service. Fees must be paid in cash or by credit card. We do not accept personal checks or postal money orders.

If your document must also be witnessed, please bring your witness with you, as the Consular staff notarizing your document cannot also serve as a witness.

Notarial Services | Embassy of the United States Dominican Republic

NotLurking